Technical Starter Motor Wiring..

Currently reading:
Technical Starter Motor Wiring..

leos mr fixit

Hi Guys, I'm new on here..and I need some advice:eek: My Mate Leo and I are restoring an '88 X1/9 Grand Finale and are at the closing stages, thank God..:) One thing though.. When I was taking the engine out I didn't take note of how the starter motor was wired.. would any of you Guys enlighten me as to the right way? Pictures would be great.. Thanks in advance..(y)

You disconnected the wiring without making detailed notes of what you were doing ? You should be ashamed of yourself, I hope your mate is giving you some stick !!!

Last edited:
I was taking the engine out 6 months ago in the pi**ing rain:( I remember thinking it was so simple I'd remember which way it went but obviously the 'ol memory chip's not what it used to be..:rolleyes: I don't suppose you'd know..:rolleyes:

Rain and an X.....bad mix !!!!

As far as I can remember, Red cable to positive on starter (connector near to cabin) black cable to negative on starter (connector to rear of car) and starter switch to male at bottom of starter.

As i said this is how I remember it, but like you, the memory is not as good as it used to be......old age is a terrible thing. Maybe somebody else can verify the above.

BTW say hello to Cath for us !!!!!!!!

Good luck :)

Last edited:
Back