Technical removing the two lever that opens the engine cover and trunk

Currently reading:
Technical removing the two lever that opens the engine cover and trunk

CALMOTION

I wanted to know how to remove the whole assembley that opens the engine cover and trunk. Thank you

Lifting up the two levers and getting a philips in there will do it.

The cables can't be detached from that end i believe? So you'll have to take them off their other ends and pull the inners out with the levers. If you break the inners or even they're al little worn, bicycle inners are a perfect replacement, it's a bit harder to find the longer boot one but you're local bike shop should be able to help. Makes the cables feel so much smoother. (y)

Got it, cables (inners) can't be detached at lever ends. Must be loosened at other end for replacement of broken levers. Pulled through and replaced with new inner cables.

How did you get on?

The cables fixed in the levels have a particular fixing.
So don’t detach.
They undo from the other end, but guiding the wire though can be a pain.

Regards
Simon

Simon, got it done. Cables from Eurosport UK, silver soldered ends. Two pairs of hands and trong needle nosed tweezers to pull ends through holes. WD40, Straw lubricated inners both ends. Side vent removal helped. Swages at other ends with cable double ties. All good now. Even did boot emergency cable above expansion bottle with carabiner pull.

Thanks for this line of advice.
I just replaced the engine cable (from Claire @ Eurosport).
Was easy with your leads on this.

I followed the path of the original stiff wire with the replacement, looped it around the engine latch and managed to crimp it. All good. Thought I would take a couple of pics on the phone just in case there was a problem when I closed the engine cover.
Then I noticed the original wire (and of course my new one) went through the little hole in the engine mount and production missed the second hole and routed under the engine mount!! Means I will need to order another cable and do it properly. I am certain I followed the original path.

FYI, I used bulk piano wire from a hardware store. To make the "ball ends" in the levers, I bent the wire in a loop the same size as the lead balls on the original cables and brazed the loop with brass to form a ball. The other end needs to be looped and cinched. The old cable sheaths can be reused. It is essential that the cables are not too long so the spring returns the levers into the door holders so the door doesn't close on a lever that sticks into the doorjamb.

Back