General Philippine Fiat X1/9

Currently reading:
General Philippine Fiat X1/9

Yes, I am using arc welding. By using smaller diameter welding rods and 35 years of welding experience, it can be done. Of coarse the gauge 16 sheet welded to 1/4" round bar makes it easier.

Thanks again guys.

More update later this afternoon.

Just finished the lower valence and spoiler late yesterday afternoon.
PICT0504.jpg

The area between the two grilles is accented.
PICT0505.jpg

I have finished whole front end during the week end.

PICT0440.jpg

Notice the area where the fender meets the spoiler.

PICT0439.jpg

We will spin the car tomorrow to work on the rear.

Really nice work mate! looking really good! love cars like this that have custom body work!

I did some drawings to have an idea of what I am going to do.

I plan on a very "lazy fastback" treatment to the rear.

And to complement the air vents of the front fender, I plan on installing air intakes just ahead of the rear wheel well. The air intake will house the fuel injection intake and on the other side, the a/c condenser, thus making them functional.
PICT0441.jpg

I will also redesign the rear to complement the front end. That will come later.

Presently inside the engine bay is a Toyota Red top 4AGE. I am contemplating on the supercharged version, 4AGZE. I am still negotiating for the 4AGZE. If I get it. I will twin charged it(supercharged-turbocharged.

Anyway, I think the 4AGE is strong enough to push this. Remember, it will be used by my son.

Good choice of motor ,i have the ze motor in mine but i removed the s/charger and went the turbo route ,if it is for your son rather keep it normal aspirated until he gains a bit of driving experience,you should know how these youngsters are ,they want to be the fastest kid on the block

Last week was a slow week.

I had a nasty accident last Tuesday. I hit my head against the sharp bonnet latch of my Mercedes. I left a deep, 3 cm gash that bled immediately. It necessitated 4 stitches to stop the bleeding and close the wound,

Then on Thursday, my helper asked for a paternity leave of 3 days.

Then on Saturday while I was on my way to Clark Airbase(former US Airfield) the rear/driverside wheel studs of my Mecrcedes' broke causing the wheel to come loose. Thank God that I felt it and I slowed down when the wheel came off.

Talking about a bad week.

This week is fine. Got to spin the car and mock-up the fender line for the rear wheels.
PICT0444.jpg

And mocked the "all new" rear end.
PICT0448.jpg

Sorry to hear about you bad week

They do say that bad luck comes in threes so you should be ok now

I head is still a bit sore from the gash that I suffered.

Here are some of the work done.

The round bar mock-up for the rear is almost over.
PICT0449.jpg

I found a rear spoiler in a junk yard that cost me $30(expensive in the Philippines). I cut it to size and use it as wind deflector under the rear valence. Bonus is, it has a nice looking 3rd brake light. The dorsal fins will be installed later.
PICT0450.jpg

Trying to preview with the tail lights(from a 300ZX, $40) and grilles from a Japanese truck as rear air vent.
PICT0451.jpg

Closer look at the rear.
Notice the through the body exhaust pipe.
PICT0452.jpg

My head is still sore, so it is a lazy week, but we still got to do the "Lazy fastback".
PICT0454.jpg

PICT0453.jpg

Next week, we will have a faster pace and the outline of the rear fenders might be done by that time.

Got to do some work today.

The frame for the rear fenders has been mocked up

From the rear quarter with the lower air vent.
PICT0455.jpg

Notice that I raised the fender line to about 3 inches to show a more aggressive looking fastback from the "lazy fastback".

From the front with a smaller air intake on top and the larger air intake below.
PICT0457.jpg

Did the cardboard thing today to see how it is going to look.
3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Will do another set-up tomorrow to see which one looks better.

bludvl_x19,

I would love to send you the plans but the truth is I have no plans of it. I just work and see what suites me. Anyway, I have been posting photos which can guide you on how to do it. And you can even modify it your liking!

It was another slow week.

I had to accompany my wife with weddings and closing business deals.

Anyway, we did finalize the shape of the rear fender and we were abble to replicate it on the driver side.
8.jpg

And we started covering up the rear valence.
7.jpg

And the through the body exhaust,
9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back