Technical Fiat Induction K&N???

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Induction K&N???

erisajd

Just bought a 79 in great shape = for a fiat. . . we all know that tune - BUT - does anyone know of K&N induction system to free up the breathing of the engine?

1.5L 2bbl carb-

I know about the E-2350 filter element, but I have filter chargers replacing the stock boxes in my Mustang and Explorer - both engines breathe alot better.

Is there a bolt on induction kit that replaces the air cleaner can??

OK - K&N 56-9028 is a filter with an aluminum top and bottom and it comes with 2 gaskets that fit properly. However, the unit does not. It has 3 holes instead of 4 and they are in wrong place.

You will need to drill a hole for the vacuum hose, you will also need to buy another part from K&N to attach the breather hose element and the EGR [actually, there is way to attach the EGR so I guess you need to plug that].

Then there is the issue of the carb cooling hose assembly. I have examined the underside of the air can and I think I make it work by cannibalizing the air cleaner ass'y or using a flexible duct to drive the cooling air over the carb to prevent vaporlock . . .

It is NOT a simple bolt on operating like they advertise for this vehicle. . .

why don't you try what i did...

i own a 128 1100cc but the filter box is basically the same on the x1/9 as far as i've seen...

i went and bought a drop in filter for the box and then took off the box (more of a can, really) and cut off the walls of the bottom can all the way up to the filter... then i cut off the excess off the cover as well... also right up to the filter...

tip: if you cut along the groove on the can and cover, it fits the filter perfectly, you'll see

what i'm left with is basically a pan on the bottom and the cover on the top with the filter showing all the way around... it looks cool and sounds good and the performance was noticeably enhanced...

so i have the same thing as any performance "induction" kit, with stock fit (the vacuum tube has been retained), and it didn't cost me a dime, except for the filter itself, and it only took me about an hour with an ordinary grinder.

up to you though

peace

Back