Technical x 1/9 camber adjustment

Currently reading:
Technical x 1/9 camber adjustment

ColonyFiat

Hi, I searched the forum posts and couldn't find an answer which means it is probably so common that everyone but me already knows the answer.

I recently bought a 79 and the previous owner had put lowering springs but didn't take care of the excessive negative camber issues (front and rear). I can't locate any x1/9 camber bolts or pillow block/ camber plates and don't know any other way to do it.

Someone at an alignment center suggested I take it to a body shop and let them bend the frame. I told him to take my car down off the rack and I would get back to him (NOT!!)

Can someone please help out an ignorant newcomer and point me to where I can purchase either camber bolts or adjustable top plates so I can get the car back to a proper sitting?

Best regards,
Kirk

I bought a set of four adjustable top mounts for my car from xweb in the USA but they require the use of a non-standard upper spring mount - not a problem for my car but a problem for your average road car.

There are two other ways of solving the problem

1) as already mentioned - get some camber bolts or slot the upper of the two mounting points onto the hub. I'm not a big fan of this as it can result in a lot of aggravation if it is disturbed (the sort of thing that does happen when you hit a pot hole for instance)

2) slot the upper mountings, this is generally preferred where standard dampers have to be retained in motorsport. Better still you can mark the desired position clearly

Back