Technical steam coming in car

Currently reading:
Technical steam coming in car

fridayfeelin

When the engine is warm, steam starts coming out of vents outside by windscreen also in car, when put heater on steams car up. There doesnt seem to be ant leaks from the cooling hoses, but as it is steam and not smoke, it must be coming from leaking hot water.
Is there any easy solution, has anyone had the same problem.

Also how the hell do i get the nose cone off

Can Anyone help:bang:

The nose doesn't come off the car (without cutting it off), you have to work on it from underneath - take the grill off and centre section of the front spoiler.

The radiator is tricky to remove mostly down to being very heavy (assuming that is what you are referring to).

Steaming up when the heater is on can only be down to the plumbing in the cabin leaking. It may not be the heater matrix but that is the most likely culprit. If the steam only comes from the outer two vents then it is most likely the radiator as these are not plumbed into the heating system.

Thanks for that, yes the steam comes trough the two vents and if you put the blower on the steam comes through into the car staemin up front and side windows. I didnt know, under pressure the rubber pipes under might need replacing. But i shall check the radiator, there is no leakage of water under the car though...

cheers again
steve

Can you help please I have got a battery light on even though I hav changed the altenator Thanks Cat

Have just been tinkering with car, left to run for while while fan comes on, have just checked pipes to rad, and one bloody hot the other cool, maybe this is the problem with the steam, the rad blocked, cheers for the advice.

Back