Technical cant find rad bleed valve

Currently reading:
Technical cant find rad bleed valve

ag

Hi all

I was getting ready last week to drain the coolant system on my x and decided to check for the bleed valve located (according to the manual)above the radiator,inside the front boot, in the nose cone.
It's not there. the engine runs fine but the coolant looks muddy and should be flushed, but i am worried that if i do the job that i'll need the valve to deal with any air locks, please help!!
Another thing!! she suffers from the typical soft brakes, the pads and discs appear fine any suggestions could possibly save my life !!
as a few hairy moments have made sure i brake well in advance !

Hope to get some feedback as my last post had no replies!

Brakes check fluid level (excessively low indicates leak/weep)
discs shiny inner+outer faces (will b if brakes are workin well)if not seized pads/calipers/sliders
spongy brakes :- bleed brakes or replace fluid
does pedal improve (solid not spongy) if you pump the pedal?. drive car push pedal down let pedal up and then brake (check for cars etc behind you first !!!!!)if improves :- bleed or replace brake fluid
long pedal travel almost to floor:- master cyliner fault or bleed/replace fluid
old fluid does not help, if in doubt replace it you will notice a difference. get performance tested at mot station cost me £5 cash takes 2mins hope this helps, regards Paul

I just found your message so this may be late. I've owned several X1/9s and some of them had the bleeder and some had a plug in the bleeder hole. The cars without the bleeder never seemed to suffer air problems so I suppose the valve was removed as not necessary.
HTH
Mark

Back