General First test run of the 400 HP x19 LSR

Currently reading:
General First test run of the 400 HP x19 LSR

jonny hotnuts

This is my Bonneville salt land speed project car.
We only have about 90 days until go time.
We have 2 motors to run in the car depending on class...blown and non blown. For our non blown we are using a 1507cc Hayabusa (230-240 wheel HP) and a 1397cc Hayabusa with a Garrett T28 @ 10-12 psi (will make an easy 400HP on fuel with water). This year we are going to run the non blown motor, I had originally built the motor cages around the motor to allow for quick engine changes thinking that we could run blown and non blown in the same year. While the concept would still work the fact is that it will be much easier to run one motor one year and the other motor the next as apposed to trying to swap a motor in 100+ deg heat and will keep us from having to bring the picker and whatnot.

Here is a pic of the first test run of the car, it has the turbo motor as the NA motor is getting additional headwork.
It looks rough but once the drive system is worked out (and it seems to be) I can concentrate on the body.

I was concerned that the car would not do well in corners as it has a solid rear and no diff. but really did fairly good around the corners.

It was very hard to drive due to the short throw on the gas as even a tap would yield 10,000+ rpm so it was very jerky and I stalled it a few times, but could tell that it was going to be really fast.

The push button shifting worked great.

Have to replace the master cylinder as we have no rear breaks so I did not get it out of 2nd gear.

One is always worried that a concept may have unseen problems that could be detrimental to operation. Things will be much easier now knowing that everything works and the car drives.

Untitled-14.jpg

Back