General Zems guide to roof down motoring.

Currently reading:
General Zems guide to roof down motoring.

So, who on here is going to be using their B throughout winter with the hood down on crisp,sunny days and who are the wusses that are going to be wrapping it up in cotton wool??:devil:

Driving with the roof down…

There are no excuses for not doing so when it isn’t raining, however, as we all know, driving at a certain speed when it is raining means that you will not get wet. This means that those motorway journeys need not be interrupted by a “roof up” break.

People may look at you funny when this happens. Ignore them, they are stuck in a cage.

When the roof is down, please note that the windows also go down at the same time.

Windstops are not required, yet some of us have them. [I do for emergencies, just in case, not sure why though] Windstops are usually used in conjunction with the windows being up. This gives the impression that you have only removed the top roof panel and have a tinted back window.

Hats. On no account should a hat be worn, these will have various connotations none of which you wish to be associated with.

Beards, you are driving a b, not a B, we all know that owners of Bs, male or female have beards. They sometimes keep their picnic in there, before they get to their destination and not just the remnants afterwards. There are plenty of razors on the market, I will leave it to you to decide which one you use.

Seat belt tan, this can result if you been driving in a manner sometimes called [and apologies to the ladies on the forum] “top down, balls out” this is not attractive. Tan lines are not attractive. Contact your local [UK] naturist club to amend that look – if you are looking at this while at work, that link may not be “work safe” depending on the attitude of your employers.

Hard tops – Some, like me, will regret putting them on for the winter. Crisp December days will call for roof down motoring. Having a hard top on when the sun is shining will make you feel grumpy. You can remove it.

Winter, the roof looks damp, but it’s frozen, but it’s a crisp December morning and you want to put the roof down, you will crack the rear window if you do this, you will not however, admit this mistake to your friends or on line forum. It is however cheaper to replace the hood than the window – and you have been meaning to do this for a while. But then again, you are driving with the roof down and no one will see your new hood.

Shame, this is the feeling you get when it’s not raining, yet you couldn’t be bothered to put the roof down. You then see someone else in a convertible with their head exposed to the elements. There is nothing I can do about this. Shame on you. This feeling can be removed by pulling in at the next suitably opportunity and rectifying your exposure to the elements by lowering the roof, provided of course that the hard top isn’t on.

To conclude – it’s roof down all the way. [Except when I have the hard top on from late november and I’ll be grumpy for three months]

I'm to old to worry about the 'street cred' of beards or not to beard. My lady certainly doesn't have a beard, not on her chin anyway.

Driving with the lid down always requires preparation. My tweed hat and matching jacket, pipe and string backed gloves. The pipe is a show stopper, puffed energetically in a line of tin box repmobiles at lights.

I'm to old to worry about the 'street cred' of beards or not to beard. My lady certainly doesn't have a beard, not on her chin anyway.

Driving with the lid down always requires preparation. My tweed hat and matching jacket, pipe and string backed gloves. The pipe is a show stopper, puffed energetically in a line of tin box repmobiles at lights.

:D :D LOL :D :D

I cannot help feeling that I look a total pillock when driving the B in the cold with one of these modern "beanie"?? woolie hats on, you know, the Craig David type ones:eek:

Being 45yo and 16 stone doesnt help..................

OK - just met with ROUGE and KC3 at the Ace Cafe - 10.45-ish we decide to head off and they both begin to put the roof up!!!! :bang: :bang:

After a few 'choice' words they saw the sense in not leaving the car park of the ACE with their roof up let headed into the distance with the aforementioned bonce covers hidden from public view!!!

I removed my wind stop today - no more topless driving for me this year :eek:

About 12-13 degrees today - but I feel like a tw*t driving with the top off in October :eek:

Hey, you bought a convertible to enjoy it, so enjoy it whatever the weather and b****x to everybody else and what they think:slayer:

:D

I was driving with the top off today, but even with a beanie, gloves etc.etc. on it wasn't all too enjoyable - so I think I'll wait until Easter or so before I put my wind stop back on and drive hair dresser style again :eek:

Back