General ZC90 gearbox oil advice.

Currently reading:
General ZC90 gearbox oil advice.

After giving the apparently much improved Olympian garage the chance to shine.... I tried to get some ZC90 gear oil today, parts guy didnt have a clue and said they stocked ZC75 which they use in all their car... rest my case they are still pants!
Anyway... Ive looked into this and yes, its hard to find generally but... Lambretta scooters use a 90 oil in their gearboxes and its readily available in GL1 spec from all good classic scooter shops, ordered some today. So the moral of the story is, god knows!

No, Lambretta use a non-ep 90 grade oil, on the container it says, a non-ep oil for use in gearboxes to GL1 spec, which is the same as ZC90. Its widely available for around £5 to £6 a litre. No geared Italian scoot uses an ep, vespas use a 30 grade.... all I need to find now is some 80 oil for the 126!

nuovapanda said:
After giving the apparently much improved Olympian garage the chance to shine.... I tried to get some ZC90 gear oil today, parts guy didnt have a clue and said they stocked ZC75 which they use in all their car... rest my case they are still pants!
Anyway... Ive looked into this and yes, its hard to find generally but... Lambretta scooters use a 90 oil in their gearboxes and its readily available in GL1 spec from all good classic scooter shops, ordered some today. So the moral of the story is, god knows!

Why don't you just give it a rest?:bang: - if you dont like Olympian then dont use them.

ZC90 oil is fiats name for SAE 80W/90 oil. widely available.
EP90 is an extreme pressure oil. do not use this in a nom hypoid gearbox.
for ZC90, you can also use multigrade oil like 15/40:) this is a trick used to stop the gearbox from being notchy. auto transmission oil can can also be used. hope this helps.:)

Back