You think it's bad with a Fiat?

Currently reading:
You think it's bad with a Fiat?

Just been to the Mazda dealers today for bits for a 54K service on a 1998 Mazda 626 (Halfords etc. don't stock the bits).

For a fuel filter, air filter, cam belt and spark plugs (£50 or so for a cinq) I had to pay........... £140 [:0]

Had to wipe the tears from my eyes to sign the credit card slip[:0][xx(]

btw, anyone want to buy a recently serviced Mazda 626 ?

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
http://mysite.freeserve.com/close_to_cracking_up/
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Cinqs_and_Seis/
http://www.clubcento.co.uk/

That sounds a lot for Cinq. bits -
I wonder if you'd have had any joy at a scrapper??

Which reminds me, I am probably looking for bits for the front of a Panda ;)
My eldest ran hers up the back of a driving instructors' car today B)

Not sure how much damage there is yet, beyond a headlamp unit(s).
The bumper is well back, and a bit split and out of its locating bolts at the sides... but bonnet is OK, and still opens, and the wings still look about right.

Guess who's got a job to do then [?]

John, what a bummer!!

Front bumpers will pop out of the side locating bolts at the slightest touch [V] or so it seems ...

Check the bumper irons as they will probably be bent to buggery but they will straighten out assuming you can get behind the bumper to release the bolts. Bumpers and lights themselves are plentiful in scrapyards - depends how old your daughter's Panda is!

Hope everything turns out okay!

Thanks Steve

it's a "H" plate, probably coming up 13 years old.

You were right about the bumper irons: couldn't get the Bhangra Nites song out of my head while straightening them out:p
Nearly ended up with a 206 by the time I got all the other bits around the radiator and lights sorted, if I'd found the elephant I might have managed too [:0]

The bumper has gone back on, 5 of the 6 locating lugs were intact, the split is where the 6th one was.

Very lucky too - the upright in front of the radiator was pushed right into the rad. but hasn't popped it. Also the fan housing was pushed into the back of the rad. and broken one of the three mouting arms, but again, no blue puddles [:0]

I've just invested in a new packet of araldite to stick various bits back together:
both headlamps - the glass intact, but most of the locating lugs are snapped off.
the fan housing arm.
the "grille" bottom locating points.

But won't be doing anymore today, but with a bit of luck it should all be back together this weekend:D

£4.49 is a lot to repair a Panda :p

Do you get tired of crawling about the ground under motors Pete? Especially when it ain't adding performance?

Good time to dust of the Cinq and enjoy some small car thrills.

Liam

My Dad traded his Marea in for an Alfa GTV this week. The garage he sold it to have had to change the timing belt because it was on it's last legs! He was so pleased he got rid of it before that went!lol

Sorry, this isn't helping your case is it?! When do ya think you'll be able to do it? Let us know how it goes(y)

Back