You heard the gossip?

Currently reading:
You heard the gossip?

Every time I turn on XFM they seem to be playing that song. Really over playing it in my opinion, along with the Rumble Strips 'Alarm Clock'.

Both are doing my head in :bang: :spin: :bang:

That's because XFM don't have a record library...more of a selection of CDs that might or might not be in the producers car on the day of the show.

I am reliably inform it does include the best of Tony Basil (with at least 3 versions of Mickey) and multiple copies of 4 non-blond albums :)

Didn't you just prove my point Chas, the playlist is extremely limited. I love XFM, it has given me 75 hours of Ricky Gervais, Merchant and Pilkington to kill months of boredom, but about 74 of that is them moaning about the XFM record library being so poor and having to steal from the Capital library ;)

I think it shows more the ugly side of commercial radio Paul. Most likely some of those songs are on the list and played as much as they are because of 'pluggers'. For those that don't know, pluggers are employed by record companies to push new singles onto radio station playlists. Often by using back handers and simply paying the station to play them.

XFM is ok, as for the sort of music I like there really isn't any other alternative (I think I dropped a bad pun there!) When I get bored of XFM (quite a lot these days :( ) and/ or I'm in a chill out mood I'll switch to Smooth FM for some chill out jazz and funk vibes. Smooth FM isn't as good as when it used to be Jazz FM though.

Not much on the radio for me these days, and don't even mention Chris Moyles/ Radio 1 etc. :bang:

When I listen to the radio it's either 5live, Smooth or XFM, don't copy me.

I first started listening to Jazz FM back in 1992, looooooooooooooooong before they became Smooth FM and while you were still in shorts :nerner:

And I also used to listen to XFM when I was staying over in Miami, USA (2001 - 2003). Ironically Miami XFM was even transmitted on the same frequency as the London XFM - 94.9!

What's 5Live??? :confused:

I first started listening to Jazz FM back in 1992, looooooooooooooooong before they became Smooth FM and while you were still in shorts :nerner:

And I also used to listen to XFM when I was staying over in Miami, USA (2001 - 2003). Ironically Miami XFM was even transmitted on the same frequency as the London XFM - 94.9!

What's 5Live??? :confused:

Ah but I was younger when I started listening to Smooth and XFM, thus viz-a-vis I was more original ;)

5live as in BBC Radio 5 ;)

I still wear shorts ;)

Ah but I was younger when I started listening to Smooth and XFM, thus viz-a-vis I was more original ;)

5live as in BBC Radio 5 ;)

I still wear shorts ;)

Lol!

Well, when I was younger I listened to Radio Caroline and Laser 558! Now they were the height of coolness - pirate radio stations :devil:

5Live - hmm, never listened to it. What's the scheduling like? What kind of music?

Radio 1 and Capital Radio are both :yuck: and the radio stations I listen to are whatever can be picked up on my car stereo. Not a lot of choice really unless I fork out for a DAB unit. I'd rather make MP3 compilations to be honest so guess I'll put up with XFM and Smooth for the time being.

Oh, and I still occasionally wear shorts too. Temps have to be above 28 degrees though ;)

Gosh you should know 5live more than me! www.bbc.co.uk/5live

It's a news/current affairs/debate/sports station on AM, internet and digital.

Ah, that's why I don't listen to it!

News/ current affairs - watch BBC News & Newsnight (Paxman ROCKS :slayer:) for that kind of stuff

Debate - Occasionally watch Question Time

Sports - If it isn't F1, Snooker or Rugby I ain't interested. If it's football I run a mile...

AM - Gosh, do modern radios still have an AM band? :)p) I'm getting lazy, I leave it on FM all the time :eek:

Internet - Computer too slow to stream in radio while I do other things.

Digital - Ain't got a DAB, and the only set top box is in the front room. I'm limited to the 5 terrestrial stations on my tv!

Besides, when I'm in my car I want to listen to music, have it LOUD and have NO presenter yacking away about Mrs. Jones' budgie flying away and has anyone seen him. :D

I'll just have to stick with XFM and Smooth ;)

You're missing out, my commute always consists of - 20 minutes of 5live to wake me up, 10 minutes of music, remaining journey 5live. And yes, some of us still put up with AM for 5live and I believe talksport. I hate sport on the radio but the times I listen to 5live they don't ever have sport on. Stop making excuses, "Drive" is probably the best show, that's probably 4-7 pmand it's funny and intelligent :)

Ok, I'll give 5Live a try when I go back to University on the 23rd April. Long easter break at the moment :woot:

Only problem is my commute is very short now, can get to Uni in about 15-20 minutes. That works out at about 3 or 4 songs! As I'm pretty much brain dead first thing in the morning I need some simple 3 minute songs rather than any 'talk' or debate.

However, when I go onto work placement in late August my commute will go up to at least half an hour (my placement hospitals are much further away than my Uni) so perhaps listening to 5Live then would be more suitable for the journey :)

However, the shifts I'll be working will probably be the wrong side of the Drive programme :( I'll either do early or late shifts, so that means coming home before 4pm or after 10pm.

Still, I'll give it a try anyway. What frequency are they on?

Back