You get only one go...

Currently reading:
You get only one go...

I would ban all tution fee's in England

Education should be free to everyone regardless of background, culture or country.

I agree all except for University. If it was free you'd get every tom dick and harry doing courses in god know what just cause they can and will probably not finish it through (again coz their not paying).

I do think there should be more help for people of "poor backgrounds".

I agree all except for University. If it was free you'd get every tom dick and harry doing courses in god know what just cause they can and will probably not finish it through (again coz their not paying).

I do think there should be more help for people of "poor backgrounds".

I can see your point but why should I get myself £20,000 into debt to do a geography degree in England whilst someone in scotland can do the same degree for free? I think we need to evaluate the scottish way and maybe take ideas from it.

I can see your point but why should I get myself £20,000 into debt to do a geography degree in England whilst someone in scotland can do the same degree for free? I think we need to evaluate the scottish way and maybe take ideas from it.

Too true I think there needs to be some compromise somewhere.

*moves to scotland to get it free*

:devil:

Before this gets out of hand, I can see what Craig was potentially trying to say, although the generalisation used was extreme and could be perceived as having a racist slant, however Craig, although everyone is allowed an opinion, opinions should be formed from a wide source of knowledge, not just hand-me-down information.

I think you may also be generalising between illegal immigrants and genuine asylum seekers, the difference being previously stated, that one group is here for exactly that 'asylum' from countries they may have suffered in, and then there are those who have illegally obtained access to the UK who do not contribute to society in the forms of tax etc, but we rarely 'waste' tax resources on illegal immigrants as they don't qualify for the same help as asylum seekers.

You will hear many people say 'The come over here, stealing our jobs' - The simple fact is they don't, this country has a minimum wage system, and anyone is allowed to apply for any job (circumstances permitting), this is equal opportunity.

Many asylum seekers bring with them a whole host of skills, many being professionals, such as doctors.

This is were consideration and respect come into play, yes you get scroungers, but name a society in which these do not exist? Think yourself lucky to live in a society where all different walks of life are accepted and respected equally (Although the last comment is still being worked on).

This wasn't a dig, nor am I preaching to you, merely highlighting the fact that to generalise can cause conflict.

Are all lesbian women butch?
Are all gay men camp?
Are all Muslims terrorists?
Are all Fiats constantly breaking down?
Are all immigrants scroungers?
Are all teens Chavs?
Are all Microsoft products cra... wait scrap that one

Tom

No I think Microsoft encarta from back in the day (1994) was awesome :p

Windows 3.1 FTW :slayer:

:p

And Tom - excellent post and very diplomatically put. (y)

EDIT: Also quite ironic how this thread developed, despite what I put right near the start :rolleyes:

I'd also change:

"Ignorance"

If people weren't so damn stupid and thought about the consequences of their actions/ behavior/ thoughts then the world wouldn't be in the mess it is today :bang:

Last edited:
ok, what I would do is get all the little f$*Kers who stab, shoot, mug ect on a plane and get them on the front line and pull are guys out.

my mate just come back.
he got shot at by a 15 year old KID.

why should that happen to him.

let the rud boys/girl's play with real guns, real knifes and bombs.

make england better, reduce crime, who would do wrong knowing that's you're fait.

Marco

who cares, push them into it.

In italy they use to make you do 3 years service NO matter what, they are too soft here.

i would love to see all the hod rats kicked on to the front line and seeing people shoot at them...

England would be such a better place!!

After much consideration, what I would like to change is :-

That the young could learn from the older, that experiences the older people in society have had and learned from could provide a learning base so the young dont do the same things wrong generation after generation.

For me that would resolve a good chunk of modern society ills... bit deep? :eek:

I think what that guy was trying to say about the arabs and muslims etc... wasn't trying to be racist but he probably has had a bad experience (or many) with these types of people and at the end of the day its only natural to think about them in this way as a whole group.

Its like this, imagine if you are born in a rough neighboor hood (sp? lol) and there was 90% chavs there and they constantly were beating you up, bullying you are school, stealing your toys and money etc... After a few years you are going to be afriad and weary of them and protect yourself from them.

So when your walking or whatever and you see some you like be like chavs, memory will say no no... and you will change direction and you will probably say I wish chavs didnt exist etc... which is what that guy was saying about those coming into UK.

So I think he was trying to say if none of them came in the first place his life would have been better off. Which is what everybody wants at the end of the day, whether its right or wrong, its instict. In the old days if there was a bit of meat left it was you vs. another human for it, only one will eat the meat and survive, your not gonna say "oh come here and have this peice of juicy meat". :p

There is always going to be rasicm as that is the main way people see people. If a East Asian guy did something nasty to you, you might say to your friend "I got mugged last night be some chinese guy" (nothing agianst chinese at all!!! Just an example of a country).

So that guy was originally saying that he knows that they are not all bad (some here, work and pay tax = good, some here dont work, leech and dont pay tax = bad, some here leech and become terriosts = very bad). At the end of the day how do we know which is which, we don't, we probably have a 75% (?) chance of being right so he was saying that if none of them would be allowed in, guess what? We would be 100% right.

Last edited:

That the young could learn from the older, that experiences the older people in society have had and learned from could provide a learning base so the young dont do the same things wrong generation after generation.

For me that would resolve a good chunk of modern society ills... bit deep? :eek:
I like this. Go on then, give us young 'uns some good advice?

lol this sounds sarcastic, its not, I meant it. :)

Considering the amount of rude, stupid and inconsiderate older people I have the misfortune to come into contact with through my work, I don't think it would solve a lot :bang:

Back