Toby Carvery
Sunday, October 9, 2011 - 01:00 AM
Until: Sunday, October 9, 2011 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Yeahh ill be taking my punto, dont have another car yet lol
Right i emailed york raceway to ask about admission and they have got back to me with this
"£12.50 per person to watch only and £30 to go on the track." Now last time i went it was free to watch :mad:
but im still confused by that.. does that mean £30 for admission and track? Or for that do you need to pay £42.50?

Punto or....?

Edit: ill be interested to see what my proper 0-60 time is...do car manufacturers measure the offiicial 0-60 time by going up to ~ 6000 revs or do they use a sensible reading

@Russ: do you know when we will be recieving the stickers?

You wont get a 0-60 time on a drag strip, you tend to get time to 60 feet, a split at 1/8th a mile and the final speed/time at the 1/4.

You wont get a 0-60 time on a drag strip, you tend to get time to 60 feet, a split at 1/8th a mile and the final speed/time at the 1/4.

Ive read on the yorkraceway site that they can do 0-60 in the right hand lane IIRC

5. 0-60 timing
We are also the only dragstrip in the UK that has 0-60 mph timing which is on a few events look out for the star icon *. The 60mph times are printed on the timing ticket in place of the 60ft.

Also, whats the plan? Straight to drag strip or carvery?

Im down for either, if we are wanting a full day at the strip, earlier the better but if some people aren't bothered about the strip then we can go to the carvery to meet up and then the "strippers" can convoy down there together.

Tempted to take my rear seats out for the day just to loose a bit of weight and the sub and amp :p

Don't want unnecessary stuff slowing me down :p

Well if everyone is going to the strip then might aswell go straight there. But for now, we have no idea unless we get replies before the day :D

Sam

Yeah i think i might send a pm round everyone who is attending to ask them to post on here to give me their input on it. Apart from you because you've already said straight to the strip lol :p

Yeah mate the first pictures looked like a nice turnout, shame the one the other month was canceled due to a lack of people I was right looking forward to that one! haha :(

Well i say we go to the carvery first tbh, then at least we can keep the name "sunday carvery" :p Then the strippers can go down from there

why ever not? we need a majority vote otherwise i predict another fail

Well im my opinion im not spending £42.50 to spend the day at a drag strip to find out that my car does what i already know it does.

I can understand why people want to do it, it seems like fun. but in a standard street car i cant see the point (no offense), if anything happens to your car your insurer will see it as "Track Use". if it was cheaper i might do. :rolleyes:

Like i said, and what Andy has said, I will be at the Pub for the meal as arranged as YorkshireITALIA Monthly Meet and for those who want to got to the Dragway, your more than welcome to sort that out yourself.

We dont necessarily need a majority vote. Those who want to do the meal first we meet as organised, and then those who want can go to York Dragway. or if some people would prefer to go straight to the Dragway, we'll see you there (y)

mate im only viewing too.

I just thought for the cost of the carvery, its more or less the same as the drag strip so could just take some lunch :)

but yeah, meet at carvery then decide :)

Im tempted to just view tbh, thought i would be getting paid more than i have so a bit short on cash. Cant afford to be spending £50 plus petrol for the day..

Back