Yet another new car :D

Currently reading:
Yet another new car :D

Its a skoda lol! :D

DSC00035.JPG

DSC00036.JPG

DSC00034.JPG

No remarks about taxi's please :p.

I have a soft spot for the vRS, i drove one and loved it, but i hated the interior :eek: was very close to buying one as well, but the 130bhp grande punto won it for me :eek:

I bet you can't wipe the smile of your face though, theyre fantastic to drive and feel soooo fast :cool: Nice car :)

Nice car(y) , I ran a Black 04 vRS for a year and it never missed a beat, in gear accelaration is awsome, 50 to 70 quicker than a lotus elise. Hopefully the Grande Punto Sporting will be as good.

1st mod get a green panel filter and a quick visit to Jabba Sport should see around 180bhp without much problem.

Hopefully a magazine will group test the vRS and the Sporting soon.

Nice one matey

Do ya know what the colour of the dash is yet when illuminated? It's on my list of cars because need a diesel...and a blue dash would send it up the most wanted list!

MattCupra said:
Nice car(y) , I ran a Black 04 vRS for a year and it never missed a beat, in gear accelaration is awsome, 50 to 70 quicker than a lotus elise. Hopefully the Grande Punto Sporting will be as good.

1st mod get a green panel filter and a quick visit to Jabba Sport should see around 180bhp without much problem.

Hopefully a magazine will group test the vRS and the Sporting soon.

I always hear this constantly and its just a stupid argument. the power bands are in different places thus need to be in different gears to get similar power / torque out of the engine. saying it accelerates better in 4th is fine the lotus should be in 2nd or 3rd with where the peak power is located.

wozza said:
I always hear this constantly and its just a stupid argument. the power bands are in different places thus need to be in different gears to get similar power / torque out of the engine. saying it accelerates better in 4th is fine the lotus should be in 2nd or 3rd with where the peak power is located.

My bad, what your saying is 100% correct but I was just trying to big up the car that Chris has just spent his hard earned cash on.:D

At least its not as bad as one quote a magazine made about the Ibiza Cupra TDI, they said that it could do 50-70 in 5th as quick as a Porsche GT3.

Sorry little tipsy and i just read it and thought id comment lol.

Nice car though. All he needs now is to spend some money on the engine and get it above the 200bhp mark not that hard with that engine either then you could upset quite a few people.

Quality :cool: (y) Did you get a good deal?

Now, if you want to see the speedo needle move at its fastest stick it in 3rd and 30, get the turbo spinning a bit then plant your right foot :D You get to 60 in no time and 70 comes round pretty quick aswell.

I think the right balance in terms of remap is around the 180-185bhp mark. This way the clutch will last a bit longer and you'll be able to use all the torque low down.

You NEED Eibach springs first though

Yeah I got a good deal. I got £6000 off the purchase price for trade in which aint bad considering I put 25000 miles on it since new so im only paying £5200 on finance :). Yeah ill try the 3rd gear thing its takes some practise to drive it at its best. Yeah I definatly want better springs the car leans like a f***er at speed. Who are you insured with ? I'm struggling to get a decent price on my own insurance :(.

At the moment im a named driver on mummy's policy for £700. I want my own policy and the advanced driving course im on at the moment will make this cheaper. Ive had a quote off Elephant for £1150 with mods declared/adv driving/over 3 years driving etc... Think I'll have to wait until September for it though.

Back