Styling Yellow!

Currently reading:
Styling Yellow!

Well the bumper arrived and it was a perfect it AND a perfect shade of yellow (even with the fade).

Now I have been researching getting the rest of the plastics up to scratch, I've seen videos of people using heats guns to get the black back on plastics. Will this work on yellow?

Well the bumper arrived and it was a perfect it AND a perfect shade of yellow (even with the fade).

Now I have been researching getting the rest of the plastics up to scratch, I've seen videos of people using heats guns to get the black back on plastics. Will this work on yellow?

No

It'll melt the paint on the bumper instead

Bumpers or should i say plastics are harder to get a colour match, dunno why that is
Its something todo with the fact plastic absorbs colour somehow....

If you look at my bumpers and spoilers they are all different shades of Yellow to the rest of the car....

Ziggy

Its not the bumper, its the wing mirrors and spoiler which I don't think are painted but are "self coloured"

idont think spoilers are self coloured mate so id think heating it up wouid be a beit of a gamble,
best of trying to revive it with some paint renovator,or just spraying it,
the Broom yellow flat paint - is fairly easy to work with My spoiler is going to see a Rattle can shortly

Back