Styling Yellow trim seats in a red car - normal?

Currently reading:
Styling Yellow trim seats in a red car - normal?

CatLeChat

Does anyone know if seats with yellow trim in a red car is an option that someone could have selected, or is this indicative of a respray/seat replacement in the car's history?
(And apologies for just rocking up and asking loads of questions. I promise to video any repairs I make when I finally buy a Panda, to add to YouTube's store of helpful repair videos)

Essentially all the other cars I've seen have trim that matches their bodywork, so I'm worried this is a sign that something is up with this one. I'll definitely be checking the vin against the paperwork

Not the same car, but the same questionable seat colour! I'm surprised an Italian make would let you have such a bad colour clash, tbh, but ?
Btw, how did you find that? I tried an image search on Fiat Panda and then filtered on red, but didn't turn this one up

I've got a metallic red (132/F paint code) Eleganza with yellow seats.
Er... well they were yellow once, now more a stained beige.
Definitely original though.

That's the snag yellow upholstery is never "pretty" for very long. I guess you could always try for replacement covers though every Google search I can think of just throws up cheap throw-over covers. I have no idea what professionally made upholstery would cost. But worth considering.

Then there is this. Maybe they have the other seats and you get a split fold rear thrown in :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-PAN...637127?hash=item4d9c4aea47:g:6qIAAOSw8K9dg5bihttp://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...D3333346371273e68b7f8fc214966b5283522bce9b820

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
my 4x4 is blue, light grey plastics and the good old yellow/grey seats, yellow door cards, the yellow looks rather dirty and tired after 130K miles, even after a going over with the carpet cleaner.
was looking at seat covers however tailored ones are expensive and universal ones are a bit of a faff cutting out for the head rests and rear seatbelts, my ham fists would certainly mess them up....grubby yellow will do for now

Attachments

• 20200409_1742001.jpg
    20200409_1742001.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
my 4x4 is blue, light grey plastics and the good old yellow/grey seats, yellow door cards, the yellow looks rather dirty and tired after 130K miles, even after a going over with the carpet cleaner.
was looking at seat covers however tailored ones are expensive and universal ones are a bit of a faff cutting out for the head rests and rear seatbelts, my ham fists would certainly mess them up....grubby yellow will do for now

Better to put 500 seats, a bit modification required to fit. They look better

I googled for professionally made seat covers. They run at £175 each in high spec cloth. ore for the fancy stuff. That's £300 for a car with a split fold rear seat. The 500 option is better because you get head rests at the back. They don't exist on older Pandas.

This colour & fabric combination chart is taken from the 2010 sales brochure.

Pasodoble red + yellow/grey seats is shown as an available option.

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
I googled for professionally made seat covers. They run at £175 each in high spec cloth. ore for the fancy stuff. That's £300 for a car with a split fold rear seat. The 500 option is better because you get head rests at the back. They don't exist on older Pandas.
And i paid 50€ for all seats . Semi leather

And i paid 50€ for all seats . Semi leather

I think £50 / €50 would be slip over covers. TBH they make sense on any car with kids and especially pale coloured seats.

I was thinking about new upholstery made using the old covers as patterns. The result is often better than the originals but means the seats have to be removed from the car so everything can be correctly clipped in.

when I last looked, several years ago, you could buy them on eBay Poland for around £30 a seat. That was for new seat covers not covers for a seat.

Bur haven't looked for a few years.

Back in the day, you could choose yellow or blue. I chose blue for my yellow car but they ordered wrong and I got yellow. It was a good mistake as I ended up getting a set of made to measure car seat covers which I had made up in grey with yellow stitching. Looked so much better and the dealer paid half the price of it to cover their mistake.

I think £50 / €50 would be slip over covers. TBH they make sense on any car with kids and especially pale coloured seats.

I was thinking about new upholstery made using the old covers as patterns. The result is often better than the originals but means the seats have to be removed from the car so everything can be correctly clipped in.
I am telling you i bought complete seats of 500 airbags intact , for 50€ , front and rear seats

I am telling you i bought complete seats of 500 airbags intact , for 50€ , front and rear seats
How difficult was it to switch the seats? I've heard the 500 ones are much more comfortable as well.
(Yes, I bought the yellow seated car!)

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back