Technical Yellow triangle warning light

Currently reading:
Technical Yellow triangle warning light

p0689109

I am getting this showing up every time I switch the car lights on. I have checked every light on the car, including the ceiling light which was the wrong wattage(10 instead of 5) and it turned out to be dead even though the filament looked intact, but with the correct bulb fitted and working the triangle still comes on. If the lights are not selected the warning does not appear! Any thoughts?

Is it right after start up? Day running lights on or off( headlights OFF) what message comes up on dash?
Note it only checks side and brake lights
Try this open door turn side lights on(off then on if already in on position)don't start car now check the side lights front and rear

Last edited:
All lights work as I said and it only comes on if I put the lights on. On my model the switch is off or on. There is no side light only selection. So on has side and dip on. The stalk then controls the dip and main.

No you do have side lights only, but only if you switch them as above engine off key out, do you have your day time running lights on?

Are the bulbs the correct wattage ? The rears are available in 5 and 10 Watts they should be 10w so if a 5 has been used it may trigger a light out warning
What message comes on on the dash when you either start the car, turn on the lights from off or press the brake?

I have had this when a bulb was still working but blackened and probably about to go. Both a side lamp and a number plate light in my Bravo. Its probably lights as these would throw a problem as soon as started up. Signals etc would be more likely to throw the warning when activated. Also poor contacts can somethimes do this. Are all the switch mounted warning bulbs working too?
You may need to remove every bulb and check they are not on the point by shaking each and seeing if the filaments hold up. Any of the push fit bulbs in side lights can develop poor cointact over time.

Yes to number plate lights and there are no dirty bulbs. Side light and brake bulbs were replaced as they were the wrong ones. No messages at all except the triangle when I switch the lights on . So you are saying that the side lights only come on if the engine is not running and the light switch is on? Also which ones are the day time running lights and is there a switch for them?

Yes to number plate lights and there are no dirty bulbs. Side light and brake bulbs were replaced as they were the wrong ones. No messages at all except the triangle when I switch the lights on . So you are saying that the side lights only come on if the engine is not running and the light switch is on? Also which ones are the day time running lights and is there a switch for them?
What do you mean by wrong ones?

Yes, you can intentionally leave the side lights on at night say if you park on the road outside a friends you are only staying a while or in a dimly lit car park where you want to see the car easily amongst others, all you have to do is turn them on after you turn off the engine and remove key, also if you flash the main beam after switching off the head lights, key out, they will stay on for 30 seconds to allow you to get into the house assuming set up in menu.

DRL lights, these are in the main beam lights in the bumper(the same lights that are the side lights) these come on when the headlights are OFF and are bright during the day-if they have been turned on in the menu right of the speedo scroll to daytime running lights menu on/off, its quite a common warning triangle issue for these to have one out or both, though this would flag a message on start up without turning on the lights

Rear tail bulb https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/245-vision-24-12v-10w-ba15s-side-and-tail-long-life-bulb.html

Brake light bulb https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/abd-prime-standard-382-factory-fit-12v-21w-scc-pair.html

Number plate bulb https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/272-festoon-replacement-bulb-11x38mm.html

Front DRL/Side bulb https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/580-7443-abd-prime-12v-w21-5w-stop-tail-wedge-bulbs.html

If you turn off the lights does the triangle still stay on until switch off?

Last edited:
If you can’t find the problem

It might be easier to get someone with the correct equipment to read the body computer.

It will say exactly where the problem lies

iohn202020 yes it does stay on until the car is parked and key removed. As I mentioned all the lights on the car are working as they should. They were the wrong ones as whomever fitted them had to enlarge the plastic to get them into the holder and they were the wrong wattage.

Yes and they were the wrong size glass bowl as I reported in #10 and so I just chucked them and fitted the correct ones as per the car manual.

I put in what the book showed and they all work. I have been thinking perhaps one of the front sidelights is not working but as the car has the DLR system and they come on when the light switch is on I cannot confirm it as yet. I am going to carry out the routine from the manual using the "menu" to switch the DLR system off to prove it one way or the other.
Thanks for your input.

So this morning I did what you suggested in #2 and now the front side lights are on instead of the DRL lights which are also used as the fog lights. But now I have side lights as opposed to DRL on the lower of the lights but when I select front fog light the icon comes on on the dash but the fog light does not come on where they should, i.e the side light/DRL light! What a farce! So you have to decide to run with the old fashion system of side and dip/main or DRL/fog and dip/main! Or at least I seem to have to on my car! The single rear fog works OK by the way.

Here's a picture to help clarify the fog lights are totally separate where the yellow circle is though our car doesn't have fogs

The red one is main beam, drl, and side light only, headlight above

Hope this helps
Is your car a lounge sport or pop?

Attachments

• 20210218_150530.jpg
    20210218_150530.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
So this morning I did what you suggested in #2 and now the front side lights are on instead of the DRL lights which are also used as the fog lights. But now I have side lights as opposed to DRL on the lower of the lights but when I select front fog light the icon comes on on the dash but the fog light does not come on where they should, i.e the side light/DRL light! What a farce! So you have to decide to run with the old fashion system of side and dip/main or DRL/fog and dip/main! Or at least I seem to have to on my car! The single rear fog works OK by the way.
You should have the drl on ith the lights off lights on drl filament is off but the 9ther sidelights filament should come on and the main dipped beam should also be one

For the side lights alone you need to put the parking lights on as listed above after stopping the car

So checked the front of the car and it seems I do not have front fog lights just black fillers! As far as lounge, sport or pop all I can say is that it is basic 2009 model so i would guess that means pop!

Back