Technical Yellow Light of Engine has Appeared

Currently reading:
Technical Yellow Light of Engine has Appeared

MatthewUK

Hi Please help

I have a 2003 Fiat Punto 1.2 Active 5 Door if that makes a differance.

On my way into work, I looked down at the Dashboard and saw a Yellow light of an engine, the car was driving fine, and has just had a full service 5 weekes ago. The Car drove fine and the temp was normal. When I got to work, I turned off the engine, waitied and tried it again the car started no issue's, but the light stays on. I was hoping the same issue has happened to others who can tell me what the light means, as the car is running fine?

Thanks

MatthewUK

Last edited:
Hello,

That happened on my 1.2 8v a while ago. In my case the coil packs had packed up and every so often would lose power.

Take the car to a garage with diagnostics, cost a few quid but they will be able to hook up to your car and diagnose what the problem is. If it is nothing they will also be able to reset the light.

Hi Pimpto,

Thanks for the reply, I will pop it into the Garage for an inspection soon, or sooner if I get any performance issues. I had the Airbag light on for months so I'm use to lights on the dash, only to find out this was a common problem with the Punto's. Now at almost 60K I think i will be in this forum alot more!!!!

Thanks again :)

Hi

Further to my 1st post, The light has gone off, Kind of worrying, but the car is running just fine. All I can think of is I thrashed it a little bit before lunch and the light has dissapeared!!!!

Good old Punto fixed it'self.....

Back