Yay!!!

Currently reading:
Yay!!!

GSR F1i Induction kit has test results proving a 4bhp increase on the standard Cinquecento engine. This doesn't sound like a lot but on a 54bhp engine, it's quite substantial. And it gets rid of an awful flat spot at 3krpm. I think you'll agree that a flat spot can be dangerous should you need a quick blast of acceleration in that sort of situation

I can't stand the way the site doesn't work and I can't stand some of the people on it. That doesn't mean I don't want to read it - it's often very entertaining especially when one of our members is on it. I don't post I just wanted to read it. I'm not even complaining about it over there, just mentioning it here to our ever increasing list of people who mysteriously can't get on the site.

I'm not sure what a troll is no, unless it means someone who signs up to read posts but doesn't post himself I don't think I am one. Meanwhile I still can't get on the members only areas despite being logged in as a member, and I don't know why since it was fine yesterday.

am shocked my red 'un never made it onto barryboys tbh, esp with the lellow buckets etc :p

they're mad though, insulting every modded car :rolleyes: just because you drive a modded car (even a slightly barry car - not saying that mase's is mind) makes you a chav... like when paul thought i'd be a bit of a barry with my black bonnet etc :p

I did then you weren't!

You shouldn't go around with a black bonnet (looking silly may I add ;)) and then not be a bit barry.

Dr Pepper, I think I am what they call a 'troll'.

Ironic they go on about trolls really...

As for the induction kit debate, well I don't own/haven't tested a Cinq, so can be sure, but I do have some idea of the theory behind it.

Now I'm a little busy to go look it up, but off the top my head;

Cold air is more dense, therefore, you take in a larger mass of air (due to its reduced volume), which means you have a higher air/fuel ratio, so it is leaner.

This is where my memory is not 100% clear, but I seem to recall although less Torque is produced low down with a lean mixture, it is able to produce greater power (which of course is higher up in the rev range). I believe the charts I have seen for cars before and after a performance filter back this up, with any gains being shown high up the rev range.

There is also the issue of a higher quality filter having a lower pressure differential, meaning air can be drawn through more easily and hence why a car can often feel more responsive.

I realise this doesn't strictly answer the query, as this is not specific to a Cinq, but I hope it can held proved some of the reasoning used in chosing a performance filter.

Dr_Pepper: if you're registered (and not banned) then you can see all. It's a pretty standard bulletin board so doubt there's any trickery to bar you from certain forums. There's no mystery. The sites reliably up - must be you (try Firefox)

James, you're not a troll. You argue fairly politely in what you believe. A troll does neither.

Fiatsrule: I had a number of issues yesterday with the posting of messages. It kept giving me an internal server error which was extremely annoying and at points meant that I gave up.

Just tried firefox - logged in on main page, then clicked on all forums, then had to log in again for some reason, then got to the index, but still same thing happening. I click on Fight fight fight, which is where I assume it has been moved to, but it returns to the index. Maybe it is just me but that doesn't mean it's right does it! I've got all cookies enabled, and if you want to try it for yourself I posted my username and password yesterday....

Edit now it works with Internet explorer. How random now I can read the rest of it (5 new pages since yesterday).

fiatsrule said:
However my main reason here is to ask about induction systems (cold air type). The question was left unanswered on BB as to whether there is any evidence that they work as a lone modification on a small roadgoing fiat. I'm not taking the ****, it's just that there is very little published proof (rolling road etc.) around and yet people harp on about them.

Under-bonnet bling, maybe. Performance enhancing, doubtful.

Cheers.
hmm might have beem better if the first thing you did was search the forum for that, or post a thread asking that, gotta get you a result quicker than searching the forum for barryboys :p

It wont let me read that thread, but i have been looking at some others and have never come across such a load of bigoted gits. They really don't seem to like our little cars, one thread i read said:

"This guy actually thinks that this dog**** heap of 1.1 automotive toss is a ferrari alternative. I despair. Absolutely despair.

Probably one of the slowest, worst handling, ugliest, most unreliable, hideous pieces of shoppingcart crap that's ever been produced has been made even worse.

And there was I thinking that the cinquecento couldn't possibly get any uglier. Congratulations barry, you've achieved the unachievable."

Won't be going on there again, makes me want to cry

Phil

as for the induction kit debate;

image008.jpg

rolling road graph with before and after induction kit (standard and same car with induction kit rest standard)

purple = bhp std
dark blue = bhp induct kit

light blue = torque std
green = torque induct kit

10Nm more torque as well as 2.5 bhp increase in peak power

Cheers,
Alex

Back