YAY! Brand new engine, gearbox and clutch for £27.

Currently reading:
YAY! Brand new engine, gearbox and clutch for £27.

Well, some of you may know that my clutch went on the car @ 10k miles, (so i thought) and was not covered by warranty, now Fiat have rang me and say the gearbox mounts have snapped causing the gearbox to be damaged beyond repair which shattered the clutch, all of this broke a part they can't buy seperately so they have to buy everything, Engine, clutch and gearbox!! (y)

all under warranty, i had to pay £27 to transfer it in my name, should have been void because i didnt swap it over within 30 days of buying the car but they werent bothered and let me transfer it today (nearly a year after)

just a question, should i get a courtesy car? i see people get them when they are in for a service so i should as it might take a week or 2 to fix, and how am i onfor insurance for it? is it all paid or do i pay an excess?

(y) i'm well chuffed :cool:

Dealer discretion as to courtesey car I think.
They will phone your insurance and sort it for you.
3rd party insurance on your car means you'll have an excess but only if you crash.

These are my past experiences not law! (y)

you can thrash a car by NOT taking it over 2k.
my mates dad has the top spec octavia diesel (clarance an laurel or something, with HID's heated leather etc) he plants his foot from idle when cold to around 1400 then slam's into the next gear, the poor engine is always labouring, and the turbo is now up for replacement at a mere 34k miles!!!

nice one with the warrrenty sign over, sounds like your dealership are being good to you(y)

you can thrash a car by NOT taking it over 2k.
my mates dad has the top spec octavia diesel (clarance an laurel or something, with HID's heated leather etc) he plants his foot from idle when cold to around 1400 then slam's into the next gear, the poor engine is always labouring, and the turbo is now up for replacement at a mere 34k miles!!!

nice one with the warrrenty sign over, sounds like your dealership are being good to you(y)

yeh the dealer are being great, when they thought it was the clutch the foreman said he'd match the quote of the other garage and if it wasnt the friction plates it would be on the warranty. i just hope i get a courtesy car, may be awkard with me being 17 but still, they'd be happy enough to take my money

under 21 dont always get a courtesy car, and if you do you may have to pay a high access if you prang it so be carefull and check any thing you have to sign

cheers Dave, i'll see how much it might it's going to cost and see if it's worth it, i'll have to ask them how long they'll have it first.

is this gearbox mount a known fault on puntos? obviously if this had of happened out of warranty i'd be down a few hundered £

excess on rentals and courtesy cars for ANY accident is often £750, and you have to pay around £4-8 per DAY to get it down to £150-200.

we pranged a brand new Bm 320d (new shape) when in germany last easter, and erm, managed to bend it back out with a stick(y)
then drove it on lots of filthy alpine gritted roads, and they never noticed when we took it back. he he:D

excess on rentals and courtesy cars for ANY accident is often £750, and you have to pay around £4-8 per DAY to get it down to £150-200.

we pranged a brand new Bm 320d (new shape) when in germany last easter, and erm, managed to bend it back out with a stick(y)
then drove it on lots of filthy alpine gritted roads, and they never noticed when we took it back. he he:D

oh so i wont have to pay anything if i dont damage it? thats sounds good (y)

nar tis not common, i dont see how its afected the engine though,
boy racer gear changes can make gearbox mounts go early ;)

lol i very rarely hammer it, honestly! thats what i use my bike for, apparently it's damaged or snapped a part on the engine which cant be replaced so they need the whole thing, im not complaining lol, i'll have more details, they want the service book etc so ill ask them in more detail.

wow a new engine clutch and gearbox all fitted by the dealer for £27. thats got to add value to your car, plus I assume the new parts will have an extended warranty once fitted?. i'd be over the moon.

well had a call today, someone from the warranty company is coming to look at the car, which is procedure for such a big claim, and there is no courtesy cars available till friday :( they aren't sure if the car will be done by then (i doubt it) so not sure what to do.. can i book the courtesy car for friday? or would i have to wait and see if the car is still there? just i'm meant to be going up scotland

GRRR :bang: they havent got a courtesy car till next friday and even know they've said its booked then so i cant get 1, its half term next week and they dont think the car will be done then!!! they should pay for a rental or something because its there crappy build quality thats caused this!

was meant to be going away on friday :mad:

Back