Technical Y reg fiat punto red key and key code problems

Currently reading:
Technical Y reg fiat punto red key and key code problems

lally31

hello everyone. i have just bought a fiat punto Y reg, i have only been given 2 blue keys with number 2 on them both, do i need a red key aswell ? plus the key code sign came on the other day and i havent been given the 5 number code with it so i can start it up in emergencys. id be very greatful if anyone can help me pls. kind regard louise

No red keys on these cars, keys are programmed electronically which needs special equipment.

If both keys have stopped working at the same time this is suspicious of a problem with the car and not with the keys.

For the code card you'll need to get in touch with your fiat dealer, who should also be able to look at the problem you have with the keys

ok thankyou very much for ur comment andy, i really appreciate you replying its one less thing i have to worry about. many thanks.

hello im sorry to be a pain but so what do i need the 5 digit key code for? and i have a 4 digit code, which says its the radio code, what are these used for? thankyou for reading

hello im sorry to be a pain but what do i need the 5 digit key code for? and i have a 4 digit sterio code what do i use this for? thankyou for reading

hello im sorry to be a pain but can anyone tell me what i need the 5 digit key code for? and what is my sterio 4 digit code for, id be very greatful if anyone could help me understand these codes. many thanks for reading.

I think you've gone a bit mad with your post,

however the radio code is a security measure, a fiat radio won't work in another car without the code, so it's a good idea to not keep it in the car.

Sometimes if you disconnect the battery you might need the code to get the radio working again so keep it nice and safe

The 5 digit code on the code card is for the emergency start up procedure, and the radio code is used to unlock the radio if the radio is used in another punto. It may also be needed if your battery goes flat.

lol thankyou yes my lapy kept messing up so had to re-post didnt realise it had already posted my post. well thankyou to the both of you i understand it now, appeciate your comments :)

Back