Clipboard-1.jpg

Xjr

Introduction

Have always loved Jaguars, had a Stilo 150 Multijet and new Bravo Sport 150 MJet inbetween, but couldn't really get on with the Bravo so recently sold it. Having looked around for a few months finally found this XJR. It's a 2000 MY XJR-R, it had an R-performance pack fitted from new.
This adds lowered suspension with CATS, 18" Milan two-piece alloy wheels and a Brembo big-brake system with cross-drilled discs.
It's an awesome machine, just did a run from London to Birmingham and it purred like a kitten all the way - even managed 25 mpg at one point :D

Will still be keeping my GP T-Jet, though, so still a Fiat in my life.

There are some plans to slightly mod, just going to change the upper and lower supercharger pulleys, and fit a custom stainless exhaust and induction. This should see power rise to close to 450 bhp.

Here she is, hope you like (y) :

Clipboard-1.jpg

Clipboard-3.jpg

Clipboard-2.jpg

Clipboard-4.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSCN0441.jpg

DSC_0109b.jpg

DSCN0448.jpg
http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/

Im on there with same user name. Worked on them for 5 years. Any trouble with it just ask im sure i will have had to sort whatever issues you have out at some point!

Cool, thanks. Will sign up. There's a lot of useful info by the looks of things.
This is my sixth XJ - I do rather like them! Have been through all the nikasil, timing chains/tensioners, water pump and thermostat problems in the past - fortunately this one doesn't need/has been sorted for all of those problems,
though I have to say none of my XJ's, even the XJ40's, ever had a failure
which left me stranded by the roadside, or needed recovery.:)

If someone asked me what would be a car that I would like most, answer would be a supercharged XJR. Top of my wish list... :)

I mean, ratio of the hight/widht/lenght/wheel size/power/torque/interior space/exterior/... looks is is is... No word for it.

XJR is a car as the car should be.

Last edited:
Very nice! You`ve got a couple of the bits I wanted on mine (cruise control, parking sensors & sat nav head unit), but you havent got heated screen, I`ve got the heated screen, unfortunately the drivers side doesnt work, but never mind!

Make sure you clean out the NSF inner wing behind the shock where the brake pipe bracket is! (& rust proof it too). I`d also recomend removing the front mud guards & rustproof behind them too...

Watch those split rims though, 1 of my friend has an XJR100, he had those rims & 1 of them decided to break up at around 100mph, he was lucky to walk away & he did rebuild the car (in fact he recons he`s putting out around 500bhp after all the mods he`s done).

I actually prefer the 2000 on standard XJR alloys, they look like big Minilites plus they dont have the easy to kerb stainless edge rings!

How come you havent got any of the side stripes tho? has it had a respray?

Mine (with the Tempra in the background!) (y)

Last edited: