Styling Xenon conversion kits

Currently reading:
Styling Xenon conversion kits

WrongPond92

Hey guys and gals :)

I am thinking of getting a xenon conversion kit for Robinson who is a mk2 punto active. I was just wondering is it one kit fits all or is it a specific kit I need to get? I'm sick of not being able to see well with all the street lights being turned off and don't want to annoy other drivers by having my main beams on.
Hope you can help :)
Rach x

Nope they're not illegal, far from infact. As recommended, uprated bulbs are the way to go. I use Ring XenonMax bulbs myself (y)

I think in the relms of this thread xenon is taken to mean hid kits otherwise why would the word "kit" be in the title, that and manufactures like to call their hid headlights xenon or bi-xenon when referring to hid

I think in the relms of this thread xenon is taken to mean hid kits otherwise why would the word "kit" be in the title, that and manufactures like to call their hid headlights xenon or bi-xenon when referring to hid

Correct, for some reason people seem to think Xenon is another word for HIDs, which it isn't, it's simply the gas within the HID or filament bulb unit. I blame car manufactures for the incorrect naming myself, which people take for gospel :bang:

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

what idiot wrote this??

Xenon H.I.D. (High Intensity Discharge) lighting is a superior lighting technology. Instead of having a filament inside the bulb, it is replaced with xenon gas. When the xenon gas ignites, it produces a vivid and bright light that is 3X more powerful than that of a halogen bulb.

This technology also allows for the bulb to ignite at a higher color temperature: which gives it the white / blue coloration.

Xenon gas-filled bulbs and other halogen 'xenon' bulbs are simply a standard halogen bulb that is either coated with a blue film on the outside and/or filled with a gas to imitate the look of a true xenon HID bulb. These bulbs produces much less light than xenon HID bulbs and often less than that of a standard halogen bulb. Xenon gas-filled bulbs also suffer from a short 6-month life-span.

HID bulbs do not 'ignite' the inert non-flammable Xenon gas i think someone needs to go back to chemistry class and when used in a standard filament bulb allows a much whiter light to be produced even :rolleyes:

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back