General x1/9 project

Currently reading:
General x1/9 project

bkb

Hello, I have owned this car for about 10 years now and for the first 5 years it was my everyday car, but the last 5 years or so it has been standing in the garden waiting for me to start restoring it.
Now its finally inside my garage:
IMG_3823.jpg

The interior was in a very bad condition, so I made new seat- and doortrim close to original. The plan is to get rid of some rust, tidy up the engine and do some weight reduction.
IMG_3817.jpg

So most of the interior is out. The wiring loom will go next. And the heater matrix will be permanently removed, (yes I know the Norwegian winters can be a bit chilly, but who cares when the total weight of the car is redused?)
DSC_0012.jpg

The radiator, bonnet and headlights are off now. Uno turbo brakes was reconditioned last week and works fine, might need new flexi hoses but not first priority at all. The front is now ready for mig welding.
DSC_0034.jpg

My plan is to do the front of the car first, put it together and do the rear afterwards, (because I have limited storing space for the parts).
The car is originally a -86 1500cc with the huge bumpers, so the front lip is in plastic and I want to put on a front lip from a 1300cc. Do anyone know where to get one, steel or grp?

I think Henk Martens has these 1300 front spoilers. He is in the Netherlands.

Back