Technical X1/9 1600 16v conversion

Currently reading:
Technical X1/9 1600 16v conversion

X19.za

Just thought i'd hear what tiy guys think.
I just bought a 1.6 16v motor from a palio. Busy putting it in my x1/9. The motor is in, i'm busy with engine mountings for the front and rear of the engin. Its quite a tight fit, but mostly dew to the fact that i tilted the engine as far forward as possible.
Will post some pics over the weekend.

sounds good lookin forward to the pics. good engine to transplant because it is the same engine as the original x19 just updated.

Here are some pics of the lay out and the temp mountings.

Image043.jpg

Image044.jpg

Image047.jpg

Image045.jpg

Image046.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a fun combination. Have a race x1/9 with 2.2vtec in the back, have a clean shell to put on the road but would prefer to keep it Fiat powered. Keep us posted on how it works out.

I had a 1,6 16v toyota motor, with turbo conversion, but i couldnt get myself putting it in. 2.2vtec must have felt really good!!!

I am looking for a new management at the moment, the one i used on my 1300 motor with F/I does not run wasted spark.

I'm busy selling off some of my 128 motors and the old management to buy the new management.

I had a 1,6 16v toyota motor, with turbo conversion, but i couldnt get myself putting it in. 2.2vtec must have felt really good!!!

I am looking for a new management at the moment, the one i used on my 1300 motor with F/I does not run wasted spark.

I'm busy selling off some of my 128 motors and the old management to buy the new management.

What management system did you use on the 128's and which head did you use.....Uno turbo?

Pse. post spec on the 128.....I might be interested.

i used mr turbo mfi. Just used the uno turbo intake manifold, fuelrail and injectors. I changed the dizzy to electric one as my FMS could run fuel and spark. Never had it dynod but ran a 16.93sec 1/4 mile with it in the uno.

The motor has been bored to 87mm, and i've put in a uno crank to give it 1580cc. I used the std 128 head.

I have another 128 block, 87mm low cr pistons, o ringed block, Uno turbo crank, new bearing. Not been built.

Yes the uno head will fit BUT you need to drill the holes for the head bolts bigger. The one with the low cr is build to have 8,5:1 cr with an uno turbo head, with a pacer head it should make the cr a bit higher. Mountings are the same, you use the uno mounting on the side.
I am looking for R2500 for the complete motor and R1500 for just the block.

The block is sold, i only have the complete 1600 motor. Its standard piston. If it has done 5000km it would be alot.

What management system did you use on the 128's and which head did you use.....Uno turbo?

Pse. post spec on the 128.....I might be interested.

Sorry for raising a RIP thread. I am a new owner and am wondering if the X1/9 is big enough to take a 16v (or even a 20v) toyota 4age engine. and what gearbox would it use ? (the original or the 4age gearbox?) thanks.

Hi,
This is completely wrong installation
You can install with orginal carrier

Attachments

• bravo16v.JPG
    bravo16v.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,762
  • bravo16v2.JPG
    bravo16v2.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,721
Would you like FiatGroup to gave your bravo head modification to gave on forum?

Back