General Written off - with pics

Currently reading:
General Written off - with pics

jimbro1000 said:
What worries me (from the photos) is that the seat is twisted on the mountings which would suggest it broke loose in the impact - that is what caused your injury problems if the photos are correct.

Was it on a sliding mounting or rigid?

I already asked this :) The photo was taken when the seats had been part unbolted as they were removing them from the car.

The extent of how far Dave moved out of the seat suggests that the harnesses were either not installed correctly or were not worn tightly enough, therefore not holding him in place effectively :(

Re: Written off - PICS

Emm said:
how did you get thrown out of a harness?! :confused: didnt you have it fitted correctly or summat?

as i crashed it threw me forwards and my arm backwards

it mush hav just been on my shoulders or sumfin

jimbro1000 said:
Considering you hit a car that easily weighs over twice what your cinq totalled at I would say you came off lightly. The crumple zone worked exactly as it was meant to.

What worries me (from the photos) is that the seat is twisted on the mountings which would suggest it broke loose in the impact - that is what caused your injury problems if the photos are correct.

Was it on a sliding mounting or rigid?

like chaos sed

i was 1/2 way throo takin that seat out wen i took that photo

the runners and stuff were fine

and yea the crumple zone worked well - its just scary looking at it!!!!! :(

chaos said:
The extent of how far Dave moved out of the seat suggests that the harnesses were either not installed correctly or were not worn tightly enough, therefore not holding him in place effectively :(

i think it was just ova my shoulders or sumfin

Cinq_Sport_BiG_DaVE said:
as i crashed it threw me forwards and my arm backwards

it mush hav just been on my shoulders or sumfin

but the point of the harness is to keep u in the seat so that u dont fly around hitting stuff!

thats y im not a fan on a road car, cause they have to be set really tight, which they hardly are, and can end up causing more damage (n)

Cinq_Sport_BiG_DaVE said:
i think it was just ova my shoulders or sumfin

And that's why you went flying :(
For harnesses to be effective, you have to have them done up tightly to minimise movement in the first place.

i feel/am really safe in my harness and personaly wouldnt be without them, infact im after fitting one in my standard sei asap as i dont feel safe with the seatbelt!

I have discovered that my passengers are embarressed getting into a harness ..but only because they dont know how to fit it correctly. They only need showing once and they've cracked it

....You should never assume that your passenger knows how to do it,they are your responsibility when in your car,and you should always check the harness

.....my mate always says she feels like a kid in a pushchair when shes wearing it and after ive asked and checked that shes fastened in correctly lol! but its a job that has to be done (y)

Sorry to hear it bud, glad your ok. Unfortunatly a good friend of mine not the same car but didnt, funeral tomorrow not looking forward. Anyway enough of the putting everone down at crimbo. Have you took the rear windows off and wheels

Considering it was a combined speed of 50mph with an offset impact, I am actually quite impressed really. It is wasn't for you coming out the harness, then you probably wouldn't have had any injuries.

The problem with harness is getting them adjusted, that's why they swapped from static belts to inertia belts used today to avoid anybody not adjusting their belt properly. With pre-tensioners they are even more effective.

The most important thing is that you weren't badly hurt, cars can be replaced.

Back