wow i guess i'm not the only one who's sick of hearing the climate change lies

Currently reading:
wow i guess i'm not the only one who's sick of hearing the climate change lies

"The event would have involved viewers in a mass “switch-off” to save energy."

I think the above is the real reason that the BBC scrapped the idea. Hardly going to get good viewing figures if everyone switches off :rolleyes:

Anyone remember how holes in the ozone layer were all the rage about 20 years ago? Never hear about those any more as 'greenhouse gases' are the worry word of the moment. No doubt something else will come along in the next few years to take over from that...

ozone holes fixed thanks to understanding CFCs, which we failed to do before....

There was a lot of debate as to whether ozone holes existed long before mankind wreaked havoc on the planet though. Still a lot of debate over what is/ isn't causing problems:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_depletion

Many were worried that ozone holes might start to appear over other areas of the globe but to date the only other large-scale depletion is a smaller ozone "dimple" observed during the Arctic spring over the North Pole. Ozone at middle latitudes has declined, but by a much smaller extent (about 4–5% decrease).

Although they are often interlinked in the mass media, the connection between global warming and ozone depletion is not strong.

The same CO2 radiative forcing that produces near-surface global warming is expected (perhaps surprisingly) to cool the stratosphere. This cooling, in turn, is expected to produce a relative increase in ozone (O3) depletion and the frequency of ozone holes.

One of the strongest predictions of the greenhouse effect theory is that the stratosphere will cool. Although this cooling has been observed, it is not trivial to separate the effects of changes in the concentration of greenhouse gases and ozone depletion since both will lead to cooling. However, this can be done by numerical stratospheric modeling. Results from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory show that above 20 km (12.4 miles), the greenhouse gases dominate the cooling.

Ozone depleting chemicals are also greenhouse gases. The increases in concentrations of these chemicals have produced 0.34 ± 0.03 W/m2 of radiative forcing, corresponding to about 14% of the total radiative forcing from increases in the concentrations of well-mixed greenhouse gases.

i remember watching a video with scientists' predictions of how ozone holes would progress and it showed almost the entire usa covered by a big hole, and they said that would lead to skin cancer and people going outside only when fully covered. what a load of crap, but at the time it was taken seriously.

in 10 years we'll be laughing about the great global warming scandal, and tax hike excuses will use something else to justify the state's theft of my earnings.

Last edited:
Not a load of crap, we took action on it...it's the perfect example of human action and reaction and what it has achieved.

Not a load of crap, we took action on it...it's the perfect example of human action and reaction and what it has achieved.

How would we know we fixed it and it wasnt just a natural thing that happened avery 2 zillion years? :confused:

Same with this warming cycle, it could be natural, we as an intelligent race have only been here 10 seconds in the clock time that is the world and the universe! :rolleyes:

Don't source wiki ;)

Sorry, I'm being too lazy to look up real sites at the moment as I'm supposed to be writing up some case studies but keep ending up on here :eek:

i remember watching a video with scientists' predictions of how ozone holes would progress and it showed almost the entire usa covered by a big hole, and they said that would lead to skin cancer and people going outside only when fully covered. what a load of crap, but at the time it was taken seriously.

in 10 years we'll be laughing about the great global warming scandal, and tax hike excuses will use something else to justify the state's theft of my earnings.

That's the thing that always gets me. How come every Governments answer to deal with 'climate change' is to tax us even more :confused: Too much conflicting information from them and also some other reputedly scientific sources. And they keep moving the goal posts... :bang:

How would we know we fixed it and it wasnt just a natural thing that happened avery 2 zillion years? :confused:

Same with this warming cycle, it could be natural, we as an intelligent race have only been here 10 seconds in the clock time that is the world and the universe! :rolleyes:

The same reason we know God doesn't exist; reason, logic and best guesses.

I am not sure why people suggest we can't have any effect on the world and universe, why not? People do not understand the power of mankind apparently, nor of what more than 6 billion people can do.

Leave your car at home or sell it then. :D
Ice ages and global warming have been historically seen in the ice "memory" at the poles. Way before mankind could have done it. I think its a money making, scare mongering sham. :mad:
I am not saying its not getting warmer, just that there is no evidence WE are causing it. More carbon dioxide feeds the plants, plants produce oxygen. Volcanoes and natural disasters such as Greece blazing away are harmful but can we tax our way out of that? :confused:

But one of the most fundamental chemical principles is Le Chatelier's means that you can't just increase the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere (which we HAVE done, no questions asked) without it having an impact in some way. Added to the loss of the very trees we need to remove the CO2 and the equilibrium is further upset. Humans have a massive impact on the world and if so many of the world's elite scientists think that there is a high probability that we are causing problems, I would side with them rather than people who just want to blame it being a taxation method.

I don't think I need to leave my car at home, but I think it's better I drive a 50 mpg car than a 25 mpg car...

my favorite evidence in the global warming scam is this graph of the earth's temperature for the last 4600million years.

notice that during the last 1.8 million years (quaternery section at top of graph) we've had at least 7 ice ages, and between each one is a hot peak, and according to the graph we are currently at our hot peak. that means we are half way to our next ice age. also notice that of the previous 6 hot peaks 4 have been hotter than we currently are.

so what we are experienceing is natural, and in the long term we should expect warming, but in the very long term that will hit its peak and start to drop, and in the very very very long term we'll have another ice age. none of us will live to see it, not even out children's children's children'schildren's children's x100 children will see it. that is how insignificant humans are.

considering the vast majority of the earth's history has been a lot warmer than it is now, and also far cooler, i'm not concerned with current climate.

i also doubt that we have any real lasting impact on anything, human activity will be a tiny blip in the life of earth, and in the end we will have no consequence, same as all that went before and all that will come after.

and even if we do destroy earth it doesnt matter, the sun will completely destroy earth in 5.4billion years so the earth is nearly half way to its death already.

4600Myr.jpg

Last edited:
You had better show the graph to the world's elite scientists, they must have forgotten ;)

OR...unlike you and I, they have better tools than google and established that the action of us on the environment has had a different impact than would have been expected as per the normal cycle.

Pic no worky Jug :(

Agree with what you said though. Also agree with Paul in that we DO have an impact on our planet though whether it's as great as being made out is another matter entirely.

I also read that some scientists predict that we are currently reaching one of the 'hot' peaks of the earths temperature in its timeline and that after approx. 2015 it will start to cool down again. This is repeating a cycle that is millions of years old. Unfortunately I can't find any sources to back this up at the moment so my memory might be wrong...

FFS Jug! :D

I havnt always agreed with you but you got THAT spot on... I just couldnt find that graph as quick as you did!

(y)

Back