General Would you recommend Fiat Doblo Vans?

Currently reading:
General Would you recommend Fiat Doblo Vans?

Tim000

Hi, I’m considering buying a new Fiat Doblo XL high roof van, and just wondered what people’s experiences were? Are repair costs high? My local mechanic said that parts can be hard to source - has anyone found this? Any advice would be appreciated- thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply. Haha, no he's based in Bath!

I do mainly a couple of short trips around the city centre each day and then perhaps a longer trip out of the city every 3 or 4 weeks. I was considering a Citreon Dispatch but Doblos are cheaper and and I'm told that the DPF is less likely to block.

I see from an article published by Warrantywise that Fiat Doblos make the top ten list in terms of reliability, though they're not in the top ten list for vans that are the cheapest to repair - it doesn't quote an average repair cost for Fiat.

Thanks for the reply. Haha, no he's based in Bath!

I suppose if he's looking for OE parts, his location may be a problem. There was a large Fiat dealer at Brislington, Bristol, but they went pop suddenly a year or two ago. No idea where the next nearest is. Most Fiat dealers of course may not offer a parts delivery service, so someone would have to go fetch. This is probably the reason for his comments.

Somebody else was asking about
The latest Multijets being more tolerant with short journeys..

Presumably.. that has been published somewhere recently ?

I know Bath have just Brought in a Clean Air policy.. how has it been received?

Is the BIG bodied van a 1.6 only..?

Last edited:
That was me actually! (I had to create a new profile as I forgot my login details).

It was a Fiat dealer that suggested that multijet DPFs are less likely to block but I can't find any other evidence for that hence the post.

The High Roof XL is 1.6L yes.

The clean air zone in Bath originally included cars until all the residents complained and the council relented and now it's just van drivers that have to pay the charge (£100 a day if your a bus or scaffolding truck !) or upgrade.

Back