Would you buy shares in HBOS?

Currently reading:
Would you buy shares in HBOS?

There is no such thing as a decent savings acount. You are just giving your money to someone else so that they can make a fortune with it. Do it yourself and reap the rewards!!

And the losses when the market plumets.

Its a risk you take I had £20k in a high risk investment portfolio managed by my HSBC Plus account one year later when i cashed it in it was worth £38k (after I paid £1020 fee's) so you pays your money and takes your choice. That could have just as easily plumeted to £5k-£10k and I'd still have to pay fee's.

Last edited:
i win about £200+ a year with a chance of winning 1million
if that is £200 from an investment of less than £4000 then it is comparable with a savings account. if you've invested more than £4000 then you would have made more than £200 if you stuck it in a savings account, and that is guaranteed every year.

a very slim chance is completely worthless compared to a sure thing. if you want to have a very slim chance of winning big money then play the lottery, its much cheaper than having your money stuck in premium bonds.

if that is £200 from an investment of less than £4000 then it is comparable with a savings account. if you've invested more than £4000 then you would have made more than £200 if you stuck it in a savings account, and that is guaranteed every year.

a very slim chance is completely worthless compared to a sure thing. if you want to have a very slim chance of winning big money then play the lottery, its much cheaper than having your money stuck in premium bonds.

I have over £4000 in premium bonds but the £200+ figure varies.

some years ive won over £500 others ive won closer to £200

i moved my money out of premium bonds and went for fixed interest 3 and 5 year investments. through NS & I you can have up to £35k tax free too.

Then put some in something instant accessy like ING and then some in a bank like Icebank.

At the moment I spend my money on fun stuff! At least that way I have something to show for loosing the shirt off my back, Yes the value of all these items will fall but at least I actually have collateral to sell if I need to whereas 6000 shares of nothing isn't worth the paper its printed on.

Although now that I have a new car, T.v. Xbox, surround system, clothes and shoes i'm gonna have to start investing it in something so probably have some ISAs....

I spend far too long at work with no info to play the markets could lose 1000s of pounds without knowing it. That and the current crisis at halifax seems to be from someone saying oooh halifax looks a bit shaky, everyone sold there shares and all of a sudden it was shaky...

Last edited:
At the moment I spend my money on fun stuff! At least that way I have something to show for loosing the shirt off my back, Yes the value of all these items will fall but at least I actually have collateral to sell if I need to whereas 6000 shares of nothing isn't worth the paper its printed on.

Although now that I have a new car, T.v. Xbox, surround system, clothes and shoes i'm gonna have to start investing it in something so probably have some ISAs....

I spend far too long at work with no info to play the markets could lose 1000s of pounds without knowing it. That and the current crisis at halifax seems to be from someone saying oooh halifax looks a bit shaky, everyone sold there shares and all of a sudden it was shaky...

Tell Warren Buffet that :D

kevincolvin.jpg

Back