Technical Would it fit?

Currently reading:
Technical Would it fit?

Checked my little fiat sub in the boot to find it had split around the one side.. Stupid downloaded music on different volume levels has killed it.

I am attempting to glue the cone with locktite but failing that would this fit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QTX-SOUND...?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item3a6ff5114a

I have measured the speaker and its 5.25" (13cm) and i have also checked the depth of the box which is about 125mm and the sub requires 75mm.

Do you wreckon it will fit and sound alright? I know it wont perform as best as it could as i bet the fiat amp is really low? Or does anyone know the wattage of the fiat amp?

Alec

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
for the cost of it
and the fact it covers low frequencies ie 40 to 10k i would give it a go if it will physically fit in the box
just try it with one set of wires connected to it though rather than both as in the fiat one
remember its a bass amp so its an air mover rather than a sounder
let us know how you go on

Bad luck (N)

First off the i managed to screw the woofer in but the magnet was huge on this one.. When closing the case it caught on the back when it goes narrow so it wouldn't fit.

Secondly after wiring it up to the amp it hardly plays at all.. sounds like a whisper.

So i rang the guy up thinking it may be faulty and he wreckons the little amp is running 4 ohms and the one i bought from him needs 8ohms to run effectively.

I tested it running off my speakers and yep the woofer kicked into action loud but playing the song rather than the bass..

Any ideas on how to get around this before i send it back? Is there no way to recreate 8ohms from 4ohms? No way to run it from the speakers but make it play bass?

it would seem the speaker is inefficient to be run from your bass box
im amazed at this
are you sure your sub amp is working?
did you just use two wires like i told you?
have you tried disconnecting them and trying the other two?

it would seem the speaker is inefficient to be run from your bass box
im amazed at this
are you sure your sub amp is working?
did you just use two wires like i told you?
have you tried disconnecting them and trying the other two?

Turns out that the woofer is actually a full range speaker.

I tried both red and black on there own, blue and yellow on there own.
I tried red and yellow to one terminal and blue and black to the other.

I tested the old original sub using red&yellow to plus and blue&black to negative and that jumped into action and worked. So i know the amplifier is working. Ive re soldered the original sub back in after Ive attempted to fix it which it actually sounds alot better so will leave that in for now.

Back