wot do i need to istall my sub and how do i do it

Currently reading:
wot do i need to istall my sub and how do i do it

monkey dust

i have just bought a fli active subowoofer and was wonderin do i need to get an amp and wirring kit before i can even think of installing it i need help with this as i bought this from ebay and it came with no instructions that f**ked me a bit so any help would much appreciated

i have just bought a fli active subowoofer and was wonderin do i need to get an amp and wirring kit before i can even think of installing it i need help with this as i bought this from ebay and it came with no instructions that f**ked me a bit so any help would much appreciated

If it's active it should have it's own amp built in. You need to run some power and RCA cables to the boot if that's where your sub is going.

thanks for the help wot are the rca cables would i just run them from the battery do i need a wiring kit

thanks for the help wot are the rca cables would i just run them from the battery do i need a wiring kit

RCA cales take the signal from your head unit to the Amp/sub. You will also need power from the battery through to the amp. You can buy a cheap power cable set-up and run it through your bulk-head, under your carpets or your sills through to the rear.

you would need to buy a complete wireing kit you can get 1 from halfords for £20 you would need to run an earth wire from your amp and a posative from your battry to your amp you would then need to run an remote wire and phono leads from your hedunit to your amp then run your subs off your amp

the active sub needs the following connectoed to it

RCA cable (it has 2 plugs at each end) --- connected to the back of the headunit, use the 'SUB' connectors

remote cable (thin blue) --- connected to the blue remote wire on the headunit harness

live cable (thick red wire) --- connectoed to the battery positive terminal, use a fuse on it

earth cable (thick black wire) --- connectoed to a good earth on the car body

how you route all these wires is up to you. getting the live from the battery to inside the car is usually the most difficult bit.

Back