Technical Worse Ever Mpg - Save A Punto, Dont Make Me Drive It Off A Cliff!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Worse Ever Mpg - Save A Punto, Dont Make Me Drive It Off A Cliff!!!

salmanansari

BLACK FIAT PUNTO MK1 1998 6OS 1.2

Fellow punto owners, this is my 2nd n mayb last post b4 i take my dear punto to tht punto heaven or blow it up!!! After reading some posts ppl r complaining abt a bad mpg of 28,29...30. And if u thought tht was bad then hold on to ur seats.......mines working out to be around 22/23MPG!!!!!!!! (feel the pain ppl)

On a full tank from almost havin the reserve flicking is cost abt 36-38quid which is pretty standard (Btw i have a 1998 Punto Mk1 1.2 60s - 81k on clock) And by the time its all gone im gettin abt 230-240 miles on a full tank. Altho i have slighty modded the car but i dnt race or hardly evr speed. Gear changes r avg n sensible driving round town.

The car was serviced abt 6-7mths bac so dnt think tht can b a issue, the only problm tht i think it can b is tht i have 16" alloys on BUT with diff tyres. The front has 185/50 and the backs r 195/45.........plz dnt ask y they were like tht frm whom i brought them from.

PLZ PLZ PLZ if anyone has any idea then let m knw. I went to a tuning garage but they said tht the punto have the ECU n therefore cannot b manually tuned like the older cars.

can always bring it to us for a diagnostic check! :)

I wont make any guesses at what the problem could be, although i do see frequently people getting less than that without complaining.

do a search, mine had this problem and couldn't shake it for 400miles (ouch).

previous people with same problem had been getting 27/28mpg, I was driving it like a nun and getting 23mpg!! and in town 21mpg!!

I got really frustrated, took it to my friend at a fiat garage and they said nothing wrong with ecu, yet on the gas analsyer it was aboslutly throwing the fuel out, I was worried it would have killed the cat but it seems OK now.

No idea what fixed it, but I just tried reseting ecu, changing coil packs, yet it still did it. So I gave up, changed the coil packs back and took it on a long run (well 2hours just driving as hard as possible) thrashed it a bit, came back refilled and then drove about as my usual and it was back to normal? I really don't get it, but it seems a lot of mk1 puntos have had this problem.

uno_94 said:
you say-

Save A Punto, Dont Make Me Drive It Off A Cliff!!!

in your title? il give you £50 for it, when you dropping it off :)

lol, as tempting as tht sounds m8 think i'll stay open to more offer. and cum on my baby aint worth £50...........still got the rear spoiler to go on yet, wat u think.

And after reading some posts ive decided to do a quick service on the car. Being a 1998 model dnt think its had a new fuel filter aswell as new plugs n oil filter so b gettin a lil greasy tomw ;)

One last thing, any thoughts abt those EcoTeK valves tht r available on ebay??? a m8 did have 1 n said did do sum improvement but ive heard they make a funny noise like a carton being squashed.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ECOTEK-POWER-...032121224QQcategoryZ72205QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Attachments

• Photo-0120.jpg
    Photo-0120.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 46
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back