working on the side

Currently reading:
working on the side

alby

give me your opinion on this
i was offered a few days work,on the side for this guy i know who has his own business, the going rate for the job is £9 an hour,buet he says he will pay me £5ph, because i get unemployment benefit, ok i know you shoudnt, but i dont see why he cant pay the going rate?anybody any thoughts on this

It's people who "work on the side" who take jobs away from people looking for work. :mad:

I wouldn't do it, and if I knew anyone that did I would report them. :) Shame mum doesn't get £25 for reporting people anymore. :( lol

new1_large.jpg

being a bit greedy, you're going to get a slating here but i doubt everyone who says anything hasn't considered/done it themselves.
I have never claimed benefits, nor would consider it - I am self-employed now, if I don't work, guess what, I get £0 - I work, I get paid, simple really.

I'm sure most off us have either worked for a living rather than sponging off those who do, or actually tried to find a job if we were unlucky enough to be unemployed :mad:

Are the administrators of the forum obligated to disclose details of anyone suspected of breaking the law if asked by the authorities? :confused: I do hope so... I can't believe the OP was stupid enough to ask this on a public forum!

never been on dole, been in work since the week after I turned 16 and never been unemployed at any point since then :p you're a tit for trying to cheat the system, I'm paying taxes to keep you going!

Well I'm glad all of you who have never had to claim can feel so good about yourselves.
I however have claimed Jobseekers a couple time the longest time being 4 months and it was one of the hardest times of my life.
Not every one who claims is dolescum. How many people have tried to live of £82 a fortnight and run a house?
I had more money when I was a student.
Dole isn't the easy option alot of people take it for not condoning working on the side tho. Never done that and never would.

I certainly wasn't criticising people unemployed through no fault of their own, but those who just claim without even trying to find a job, or who work on the side and then moan about being underpaid doing so deserve some grief surely!!! This was the gist of the OP ...it's called jobseekers allowance as you are meant to be seeking a job while claiming :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back