Technical Work involved in converting to MPI

Currently reading:
Technical Work involved in converting to MPI

chegers

Would anyone be able to give me a detailed list of the work involved in converting a cinq into MPI rather than SPI?

I know i will need a loom, ecu and obviously MPI engine.

Anything else?

Cheers all :eek:)

fuel pump
which MPI engine are you using? if its a P75 you'll need to modify the inlet manifolds brake servo take off.

why are you converting, what other mods have been done or are you planning to do?

You can wire all 4 of the MPI injectors into the single injector driver on the Cinq ECU. It'll run, but would need a remap.

I would (and did) bin the stock ECU and fit something else :)

https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecento-seicento/96276-chii-rebuild.html

Well i havent done anything yet. Im buying the car next weekend so will be starting work then just getting a wealth of knowledge together first.

I heard the Punto 60 engine is **** easy to swap over but how tuneable is this engine what sort of power would i be able to get from it at reasonable cost?

Well i havent done anything yet. Im buying the car next weekend so will be starting work then just getting a wealth of knowledge together first.

I heard the Punto 60 engine is **** easy to swap over but how tuneable is this engine what sort of power would i be able to get from it at reasonable cost?

It's the easiest swap by a long way. With McCritch chip, tricker TB, decent exhaust and manifold, and good induction system, P75 cam, something in the order of 75 to 85 bhp. After that, it starts to get expensive. Before that, you really need better tyres, wheels, brakes and suspension.

If you plan an aftermarket ECU, MPI is the way to go.

MPI is tempting do you know what mods are required on the inlet manifold? I am good with electrics so that would not be a problem. What about mounting points are they all in the same place for the 75 engine?

75 inlet wont fit a 60 head - bolt holes are 10mm or so further away on the mainfold than on the head.

60 inlet modifications would involve welding in injector bosses and fuel rail supports (and its an aluminium casting, so thats a damn big PITA if it's to be robust)

Surely the 60 would just bolt staight into the car i mean the whole lump just drop it in and bolt it in on existing mounts?

Would the sporting gearbox off the cinq be up to the job of taking the grunt of a tuned 60 engine?

Surely the 60 would just bolt staight into the car i mean the whole lump just drop it in and bolt it in on existing mounts?

the 75 will physically fit with that one minor mod, and an exhaust spacer. the 60 will fit with just a 10mm exhaust spacer. as you can see in the FAQs / guides.

Would the sporting gearbox off the cinq be up to the job of taking the grunt of a tuned 60 engine?

it'll be fine.

That's more or less it.

As Arc says, easily. A few of them are taking 115bhp plus on 1108 turbos (with torque to match).

What would the approx bhp figure at the wheels be with just the punto 60 engine and the sporting gearbox? anyone on here selling an exhaust spacer or know an approx price to get one fabricated?

Brilliant thats awesome mate :eek:)

I might give it a shot trying to make one got a grider and bench mount vice in the garage im sure i could work something out :eek:)

These punto 60 engines ok for low boost turbo? Also any sandwich plates on the market for oil coolers?

Back