General Wobbly bolts?

Currently reading:
General Wobbly bolts?

Not to my knowledge. Why would wheel bolts have splined heads? See here for example.

Note that they're generally only suitable for making up a 2mm difference in PCD and that the counterbore of the wheel must match the FIAT one (a sleeve can be made up if too large or a suitable hubcentric spacer made up) otherwise the bolts will take the weight of the car (which they were never designed to do), the wheels will never sit correctly on the hubs, and you may have a really, really bad accident.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
i am asking because someone is selling aftermarket alloys which came off a punto mk1 so surly he wud of used wobbly bolts? bolts also included

Last edited:
wobble bolts are used to correct the PCD difference on a PUNTO 4x98 to 4x100 alloy.

Spline headed bolts (TUNER BOLTS) are the slim bolts that sit all the way inside the alloy and you need like torque bit key to open them.

You can get WOBBLE SPLINE HEADED BOLTS (WOBBLE TUNER BOLTS) these are used to correct the PCD for aftermarket alloys which require slim tuner bolts to sit inside the alloy because normal wheel bolts wont fit into the small holes in the alloy.

I have these tuner wobble bolts its just a spline headed bolt but the taped bit of the bolt moves (wobble bit) to allow 2mm difference in PCD.

Could be they're just splined locking bolts (the very cheap ones). Might be FIAT PCD, even.

I'd be a bit careful, because -- no offence to anyone -- Punto people often don't seem to be very car minded: you may even find they're being sold because they didn't fit! Try and get the ET, PCD, etc. off the vendor (they'll be stamped on the wheel).

Spline headed bolts (TUNER BOLTS) are the slim bolts that sit all the way inside the alloy and you need like torque bit key to open them.

I've seen these before on some of the BK wheels (which are multi-fit, hence the small holes, but they were the -- much more convenient -- hex socket (a la Allen bolt) fitting.

Beware the counter bore if they are multi-fit!

Back