Technical Wiring

Currently reading:
Technical Wiring

sjg1983

I'm gunna get a new cinq!
hey all

i have got sum small light strips that i want to mont in the foot wells of my cinq and i only want them to work when the lights are on i.e in the night so theres a nice blue glow there

so can any one help me on this

cheers

steve

make sure you have a bypass switch so you can switch them off if you need to. A copper wont be too pleased if he pulls you over and you have glowing footwells! (i'm not saying you would get stopped but you never know with todays policemen!!)

Jon+Em

very ture where would i get switch n stuff form??

new to all this car modding

ok im gunna get that cud n e one write a dummies guide on how to do it

i know lots of questions jus new to all theis

First get sum pre-insulated terminals , and a scotchblock connector .
Safety first, disconnect the battery negative (black cable) so if you screw up it wont hurt!!!!!

you need to run the earth wire from your neon/led strip to a solid earthing point. Any bolt/screw that goes into the bodywork will do, just scrape a bit of the paint off so you contact bare metal. You'll need to attach a round pre-insulated terminal onto the wire first.

The switch will require soldering! You need to solder the positive wire to one of the switches terminals. Solder another piece of wire to the other terminal on the switch, and run that to one of the dash lights. You will need the scotchblock to do this, simply lay the wire that runs to the lights into it, and then put the lead going to the switch into it and close the lid on it!

You might want to put some of the crimp connectors either side of the switch, as this makes it easier to mount it.

I think thats it! Hope it helps :)

If I've missed anything I'm sure someone will correct me!!!!

Jon+Em

these are only lil strips bout 3 inch long and theres only pos and neg wires on there

i will get ordering tomorra and should have it done by the end of the wk

get some pics when you're done!

and remember, if my advice didn't kill you, some rep might be in order ;) ;)

(I'm not being pushy, some people forget :bang: )

Glad to help,

Jon+Em

i wont forget already noted the rep thing

n if i aint dead i will do that

just thinking before i order can i connect 3 small light strips to the light circuit u said???

to be honest if you are going to start loading up circuits you may want to go via relay.neons dont draw a great deal but putting in a relay is easy.

p109639_image_large.jpg

so you could run the power to neons from the battery or an ignition only live.(battery positive on the diagram)
the switched power would come from a circuit that goes live from the lights eg.dash illumination
ground is an earth(to the bodywork is best,in the cinq theres an earth bolt in the passenger footwell)
power terminal goes to your neons which you will give them there own earth.

if you want to add a seperate switch you would put this into the switched power cable before the relay,that way theres only low power going through the switch

Last edited:
ordered the stuff yesterday so should be here tomorrow hopefully

then i got thur n fri off so will be doing it then

Back