General Wiring !

Currently reading:
General Wiring !

Mike57

Hi Guys, please can you tell me how I can get to the wiring behind the electric window buttons and the cigarette lighter ?

I haven't got a clue :confused:
Thanks.

Which model Punto do you have?

The electric window switches on the mark 1 drivers side just lift out with some TLC and a flat blade screwdriver. You can then lift the switch out and disconnect from the loom.

The passenger side has a little plastic cover to the rear of the switch. Again a flatblade and some gentle persuasion should dispatch of it. Then unclip the loom from the rear of the switch.

The cigarette lighter depends on what model you own, the lower models have a tray with four little allen bolts which you undo from underneath. Then just unclip the loom to the cigarette lighter (may need to get on your back to do it).

ELX, Sporting and GT models have a larger centre console. This is quite a bit more involved and there are a variety of bolts and small allen bolts to remove but are all fairly obvious.

by the fact he's mentioned Cigarette socket and window switch - he's planning todo a Switched Feed for the Stereo?

The Centre console comes off with 2 allen key bolts in the console - then 2x on the kick pannels near the pedals and passenegr side

infact the guide here will help LOADS

Centre switchs are held in via 2 (IIRC) That are hidden by the centre console
The wiring plug is a lever type and it comes out a doddle :D

Ziggy

Hi again, what I want to do is:
Put a led is the dash so "gits" think I have a alarm !
I have these instructions but not sure how to get to the wiring.

Method.
Disconnect the battery.
Pick where on your dashboard you want the alarm LED. Drill a hole the correct size for the LED holder.
Cut the legs of the LED shorter, remembering which is positive and which is the negative leg. Solder the wires to the LED. The longest leg on the LED is +ve.
Use the heatshrink to cover the legs.
Using the wiring behind the electric window buttons and the cigarette lighter, locate a constant 12v feed and a switched 12v feed.
Use the scotchlocks to connect the wire from the -ve (shorter) wire from the LED to the constant 12v feed from the cigarette lighter. Use the same method to attatch the +ve leg (longest) wire to the switched 12v feed from the electric windows.
tidy the wire up behind the dashboard and glue the LED into the LED holder on the dashboard.
What will happen now.
When the ignition is off, the switched 12v feed becomes a ground and completes the circuit. The LED will start to flash. Switch the ignition on and the LED stops.
Thanks again guys for the help.
Mike.

dont use the switches as these are put into sleep mode by the bsi so no power to work your led after youve walked away from the car
i suggest you put the led above the drop down fuse cover with a small hole drilled in the dash

piggy jump off a live sided fuse in the fuse box so if excess current is drawn the fuse will blow and extinguish the led
the central locking fuse is a good one bottom row 3rd from right i think

dont use the switches as these are put into sleep mode by the bsi so no power to work your led after youve walked away from the car
i suggest you put the led above the drop down fuse cover with a small hole drilled in the dash

piggy jump off a live sided fuse in the fuse box so if excess current is drawn the fuse will blow and extinguish the led
the central locking fuse is a good one bottom row 3rd from right i think

ok thanks bud, I'll try it when I have time.

Back