Technical wiring

Currently reading:
Technical wiring

Mikejrolfe

hi everyone

theres a wire that comes off the positive side of the battery connection.

i have tryed working it out on the haynes manual but clueless

theres the wires that go to the starter motor and the alternator there on but theres a short red wire with a pointy connector on

any ideas

cheers mike

Is your car working at the moment, why are you trying to trace this wire?

Post a photo.

It could be the power supply for the engine bay wiring loom, which should clip into a block that is attached to the underside of the battery tray.

that link didn't work for me :(

the previous owner might of had an amp installed and that was the power cable for it, they might of cut it short when they removed the amp, dunno why they just didn't remove it though

the wire goes down with the alternator and starter motorwires in the cable cover thing. ive connected the wires to the starter motor and alternator using the manual thing but there the lilltle red wire that has a pointy connector on and i have no idea where to put it.

picture doesn't really help!

the wire goes down with the alternator and starter motorwires in the cable cover thing. ive connected the wires to the starter motor and alternator using the manual thing but there the lilltle red wire that has a pointy connector on and i have no idea where to put it.

Do you mean a point connector with a single thick(ish) red wire going into it? The connector will have small rubber (often blue) sealing gasket on it.

Or do you mean a spade type connector?

Do you have 2 sets of wires connected to both the starter and the alternator? Each should have 2 wires running to it.

the single red thick wire with the whitey bluish rubber thing to it and there are 2 wires going to each but its buggin me coz i have no idea where to connect this wire to

cheers

Back