Technical Wiring

Currently reading:
Technical Wiring

coronaman360

Hi everyone :)

I have just gotten round to fitting a central locking kit that i bought a few weeks ago and i am trying to work out what wires each one needs splicing to.

I have some instructions that came with the kit, and i have located the power wire, so i now ned to find the lock/unlock wires, indicator wires for each side, and an earth point.

The main problem is i cant get the bloody multiway plugs out to have a look at the wires, do you just pull them hard or is there some kind of clip i need to flick? I just dont want to break them :p.

Also, does anyone know which side of the connector block i need to splice the wire into, or doesnt it matter? For instance, if you cut a wire and put each end back into the connector block, does the wire from the kit go on the fusebox side or the other?

Thanks very much :)

Think i have found a bolt i can use for the earth point under the wheel. From my haynes manual it looks as if you have to tak the whole wheel off to get the shroud off, is this the case? It might make the job a bit easier if i could take it off.

Thanks

Back