wiring

Currently reading:
wiring

hi iv just brought a new sub n amp n wiring kit:p whooooo:D but i wanna mek sure that i got my wiring ideas right (y)
this is ma wiring kit
  • <LI class=MsoNormal>1 x 17ft 4 gauge clear silver power cable <LI class=MsoNormal>1 x 3ft 4 gauge clear black earth cable <LI class=MsoNormal>1 x 6ft 8 gauge clear silver power cable <LI class=MsoNormal>1 x 6ft 8 gauge clear black earth cable <LI class=MsoNormal>2 x 17ft clear blue twisted pair balanced oxygen free RCA cable <LI class=MsoNormal>1 x 17ft 18 gauge blue remote cable <LI class=MsoNormal>1 x 25ft 12 gauge clear OFC silver speaker cable <LI class=MsoNormal>1 x Satin nickel plated ANL fuse holder <LI class=MsoNormal>1 x 150 amp ANL fuse <LI class=MsoNormal>2 x 8 gauge gold spade terminals (1 black / 1 red) <LI class=MsoNormal>2 x 8 gauge gold ring terminals (1 black / 1 red) <LI class=MsoNormal>4 x 16 gauge gold spade terminals (2 black / 2 red) <LI class=MsoNormal>2 x Gold plated metal terminals <LI class=MsoNormal>2 x Distribution blocks
  • 10 x Cable ties
am i right in thinking i run the 4 gauge from the battery to ma power cap with the fuse run in to that? then from my power cap to my distribution box, then lead the 8 gauge from the distribution block to my two amps???

also why do i get 8 gauge terminals and 16 gauge when i done even have 16gauge cable and why dont i have 4 gauge terminals :confused:

if im wrong please correct me btw my power cap is a 1.2 frad if that helps you.:slayer:

cheers m8 i apreciate that. just one mur thing

with my power cap do i connect it to the 4 awg coz its a 3000w wiring kit but the power cap is only a 1frad
wouldnt i need a 3 frad for a 3000w wiring kit??

You don't need the power cap in the first place.

if i dont have one it doesnt properly push the base out after a minuite of runing, my lights dim with the base,my electric windows go slower so id profer to have one thnx anyays (y)

if i dont have one it doesnt properly push the base out after a minuite of runing, my lights dim with the base,my electric windows go slower so id profer to have one thnx anyays (y)

Up to you - but you have a power supply problem. A capacitor and a battery are 2 different things. A capacitor does not supply extra power - if anything it provides another thing for an overstretched power to supply to power. In short, it makes the problem worse.

Back