Technical Wiring loom for a 1964 D

Currently reading:
Technical Wiring loom for a 1964 D

Chrismunn

I have asked this question as part of another discussion but I've decided to start this up again. I am looking for a decent wiring diagram to use for a new loom that I bought. The diagram assumes a working knowledge of Italian and it is sketchy on detail.

My Italian is more rusty than an old Fiat so any assistance in this area would be appreciated.

I have one on my computer at home which I can send if I remember. Failing that if you go to the download section of Axel Gertz website there are some there. My diagrams are for a F series 1

Thanks for this, I'll start to unravel the puzzle tonight.

I'm back into it with a vengeance having just completed (after about 7 years) the restoration of a 1950 Matchless G80. This had to be done before more time and money was spent on the Fiat! The wiring diagrams are hard to see for the correct wiring of the coil, what wire goes to the positive terminal? Also I can't recall the details for earthing the rear lights. I know it is important but I cannot recall if it was wiring run off the screws that held the aluminum casting to the guards? Any assistance on this would be appreciated....

I believe its the blue to the positive and then the black(or what ever colour you want) goes from the negative to the distributor.
just checked my D lights, they are earthed via the screws going through the lamp base and into the body.
light blue/black - side lights
red - brake lights - the left has a spur that feeds to right lamp
brown - left indicator
yellow right indicator

Thanks Franko, I am sure that there will be more. One for now, can you send me an image of the fuse block in position? I have lost the bolt hole locations when the car was painted.

Hope this helps you?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    380.5 KB · Views: 48
Can anyone post an image of the dashboard with all switches and lights on the dashboard identified? RHD setup preferred, 1964 500D model. Thanks

Morning Chris;
PM me direct ([email protected]) and I will photocopy the relevant page out of the (factory!) workshop manual and post it to you---anything else you want copied whilst I am about it?
confused.gif
smile.gif

Back