Technical Wiring 16v cinq

Currently reading:
Technical Wiring 16v cinq

P94smv

Beep tested whole loom and removed what’s not needed off punto harness upto either the ecu or the d4 plug

Ac relay
Evap canister
Punto alternator indicator
Starter motor live

I’m left with these needing a connection off the cinquecento from the punto d4 plug

Green/white goes to 1 coil plug but joins down the loom into the Brown/white I believe is fuel pump feed ?? Do both need a connection.

Black/purple = earth

Orange = white relay ignition live ??

Grey/white = temp sensor

Grey/yellow = oil pressure sensor

Grey/green = immob control unit ecu pin7

Blue = white relay ecu pin23 relay module

Blue/black = malfunction lamp ecu pin6

Is this the complete starter loom and I don’t need to add anything else ??

Attachments

• 5BC417DA-E108-4C60-B268-C63A201435DF.jpeg
    5BC417DA-E108-4C60-B268-C63A201435DF.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 101
You never got back to me with ages of conversion vehicles and engine codes as I have some ECU pinout data for older stuff, mostly pre 1999.
Sorry for poor pic, is any relevant?

Attachments

• DSCF0549.JPG
    DSCF0549.JPG
    436.3 KB · Views: 59
You never got back to me with ages of conversion vehicles and engine codes as I have some ECU pinout data for older stuff, mostly pre 1999.
Sorry for poor pic, is any relevant?
I think I have the correct ecu pin out for my car mate I’ve no idea of engine age just it’s a 18fd 5z ecu and loom my car is a cinq sporting p reg 1997 I’m sure

I’m really unsure on what goes to the red/black on punto d4 as my don’t have a spare connector under battery I can sort 12v or ignition live and forget that then

I’ve got all the dials and lights sorted on dash I’m certain

Unsure what earth is on cinq side as when beep tested black/purple it’s a pulse when white relay was live 🤷‍♂️

Green/white beep tests to 1 coil plug and joins the brown/white down the loom but guides only show send cinq pump wire to brown/white

Orange - orange seems be ignition live

I’ve got reverse switch wired in off cinq straight to gearbox sensor

I think I have the correct ecu pin out for my car mate I’ve no idea of engine age just it’s a 18fd 5z ecu and loom my car is a cinq sporting p reg 1997 I’m sure

I’m really unsure on what goes to the red/black on punto d4 as my don’t have a spare connector under battery I can sort 12v or ignition live and forget that then

I’ve got all the dials and lights sorted on dash I’m certain

Unsure what earth is on cinq side as when beep tested black/purple it’s a pulse when white relay was live 🤷‍♂️

Green/white beep tests to 1 coil plug and joins the brown/white down the loom but guides only show send cinq pump wire to brown/white

Orange - orange seems be ignition live

I’ve got reverse switch wired in off cinq straight to gearbox sensor
Just did a quick search and it comes back as a IAW- MPi or SPi so presumably single point or multi point injection.
The ones I have are for Weber Marelli IAW-MPi and SPi and gives the pins and where they go and what readings you should get from them.
The Punto and Cinq using them seemed to be the SPi version.
Fuel pump relay signal from ECU seemed to be pin 23.
The engine code for the ECU you are using may help.
Sorry I have no wiring colour codes.

Just did a quick search and it comes back as a IAW- MPi or SPi so presumably single point or multi point injection.
The ones I have are for Weber Marelli IAW-MPi and SPi and gives the pins and where they go and what readings you should get from them.
The Punto and Cinq using them seemed to be the SPi version.
Fuel pump relay signal from ECU seemed to be pin 23.
The engine code for the ECU you are using may help.
Sorry I have no wiring colour codes.
This the ecu I’m using

Attachments

• 9E5E2C29-0AEA-49D2-A80D-8E718A1F2D92.jpeg
    9E5E2C29-0AEA-49D2-A80D-8E718A1F2D92.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
Do u know about the bullet connectors under battery tray I’m being told I should have 3 I’ve got 2 but don’t have a single spare one on my car I’m unsure what it is 12v live or ignition live etc
Sorry I don't have specific knowledge about your vehicle, just some books/data I have collected after running my own workshop since 1982, retired now but started in 1969 as an apprentice, so just general knowledge.

Sorry I don't have specific knowledge about your vehicle, just some books/data I have collected after running my own workshop since 1982, retired now but started in 1969 as an apprentice, so just general knowledge.
Oh I see many thanks for your time I’ve got myself a half project on the fact it looked quirky 😂😂😂 I’ve not long done an engine swap into an old r5 thought this be easy NOPE

The seicento i stripped was an 899 citymatic so had a sporting style loom.

It had a single white fuel/ecu relay with a seven pin plug connecting the engine loom to the car 5 small pins 2 large on plug.

black/purple - rev counter signal (signaled semi auto ecu on citymatic)
orange - ignition live split with code box etc (thick orange from igniton switch to 7.5A fuse changes to red/black then back to orange when it splits for codebox and ecu)
thick white - permanent live possibly 20A fuse? cant remember right now (red on engine side of the plug)
white/red - Injection fault light
thick green/black - fuel pump feed
black - codebox earth
grey - codebox (not sure if data line?)

hope this helps.

It had a single white fuel/ecu relay with a seven pin plug connecting the engine loom to the car 5 small pins 2 large on plug.

orange - ignition live split with code box etc (thick orange from igniton switch to 7.5A fuse changes to red/black then back to orange when it splits for codebox and ecu)
thick white - permanent live possibly 20A fuse? cant remember right now (red on engine side of the plug)
black - codebox earth

hope this helps.
Sorry, I don't have specific knowledge on this model, perhaps another forum member has?:(

black - codebox earth

hope this helps.
I’m struggling now with my starter spinning slow with new starter and battery using a cinqucento starter loom I’ve checked all earths in bay they seem ok still slow though driving me mad now tbh

I’m struggling now with my starter spinning slow with new starter and battery using a cinqucento starter loom I’ve checked all earths in bay they seem ok still slow though driving me mad now tbh
So still a non runner? If the engine has been standing for some time, is it stiff , rust down the bores, tight to turn over?
If none of the above then you will know as well as me, it can only be battery, main leads including earths or a crap new starter.
Anything getting hot?

Where the main live for the alternator and starter looms join can corrode, give it a good tug and see if the joint separates.

I had a similar issue on a Grande Punto I changed the starter motor it seemed fine for a week then started playing up again, gave the main live a tug and it fell in two.

Last edited:
Where the main live for the alternator and starter looms join can corrode, give it a good tug and see if the joint separates.

I had a similar issue on a Grande Punto I changed the starter motor it seemed fine for a week then started playing up again, gave the main live a tug and it fell in two.
I’ll check the loom later I’ll get some pics up of the starter loom also

I want to see where the feed for trigger comes from in the car I’m assuming it comes straight off the ignition and doesn’t run a relay between

Attachments

• CD695062-1823-4BE7-83CD-4484570958F8.png
    CD695062-1823-4BE7-83CD-4484570958F8.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 29
Back