Technical Wiring 12v accessories on constant live?

Currently reading:
Technical Wiring 12v accessories on constant live?

I've been trailing wires from the battery, behind the wing and in through the door, because I can't find the grommet leading to the engine bay.

Can anyone tell me where it is, how to get to it, or a more efficient way of getting a 12v live feed?

Owen.

I went for the grommet behind the glove-box to wire the live to my towing electrics. Theres a fair few plastics to come of to get to it, but it was worth it I say.

The grommet is a double skinned one with a hollow in the middle, so you need to make sure you pierce or cut a hole through both skins.

If you keep feeding the wires through at some point you should be able to see them from the engine bay (they come out behind the master cylinder). Then you just route them to the battery how ever you want (I made sure to put a low point/fold in the wires so water couldn't track down the wires and into the cabin).

Then I filled that hollow grommet with a whole tube of silicone sealant just to make sure my cabin stays dry.

Hope this helps.

The easiest grommet is here.
17052010148.jpg

I would send an 8 gauge through and hide an Auxillery fuse box somewhere. There is plenty of room behind the Upper glove box trim.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Auxiliary...Accessories&hash=item230412ae57#ht_500wt_1180

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
But then you have an untidy mess under the bonnet. It's much tidier following the wires through the channel.
Also isn't the grommet underneath the sound barrier?

But then you have an untidy mess under the bonnet.

How does using the lower grommit make the engine bay messier?

Wasn't messy in my Stilo. IIRC couldn't even see the additional wiring for the sub when it went thorugh the lower grommit.

Yes its behind the carpet, just like yours is behind the 'A' Piller trim.

i routed my CC wiring thru the grommet on the n/s A-pillar... and put an inline 7.5 amp fuse by my wiring in the battery tray! if your thinking of getting lots of accessories ran this way an extra fuse box is the most sensible idea but please make sure that something somewhere is fused... i watched a freinds car burn to the ground because he installed unfused amp wires through a non grommeted hole that he drilled in his passenger footwell:(

Back