Technical Wipers single flick wipe when ignition turned on

Currently reading:
Technical Wipers single flick wipe when ignition turned on

Philblack

Hi all, long time lurker and occasional contributor but I think this is my first new post.

Issue relates to 2009 Peugeot Boxer 3.0 X250 but I believe most of the systems are the same as the Fiat equivalent. Wiper suddenly stopped working completely, no prior faults or problems. Checked fuses ok, power getting to connector plug at motor and could hear a relay clicking within the motor housing when trying to operate the wipers. Replacement new motor bought from local motor factors, fitted and everything works correctly, except, the wipers now do a single flick wipe every time the ignition is turned on, I thought I must have knocked stalk or left on but no happens even if wipers parked in off position. Just to confirm wipers correctly park after use just does this single swipe every time ignition turned on. Obviously not good for my new blades dragging across dry dusty windscreen. Does this sound like a faulty new motor or a problem elsewhere that did not previously exist. Any thoughts

Could be a fault with the park switch on the motor.

Just spoken with the motor factors where the new motor was purchased from and they are suggesting the Body Computer needs to be programmed to recognise the new motor, does this seem feasible or likely?

Sorted, second replacement motor provided by supplier works fine so original new motor obviously faulty, doesn't say much about QC unfortunately, hope it lasts. Plug and play, no need to reprogramme body computer.

Back