Technical Wipers not parking correctly

Currently reading:
Technical Wipers not parking correctly

AdrianL

I finally managed to get my wiper motor fixed, however now the wipers aren't parking correctly.. what's happening is that the wipers rest above the position where they should be.. e.g. instead of the bottom of the windscreen, they are maybe 4-5 inches higher than they should be.

It doesn't seem as simple as just moving the position of the wipers though, as when they do wipe.. they go below the current parked position and go to the bottom of the windscreen, then return back up to the parked position just above the bottom of the windscreen (as before, 4-5 inches above).

Any ideas on what the problem is?

Cheers,
Adrian

The fix was the wiper motor being replaced. My father took it out and replaced it but I presume he would of...

I'd suggest disocnnecting the linkage from the motor and then operating the motor so that it stops in it's proper park position. If the motor has been partially into it's cycle and the linkage has been connected that would explain why the wipers try to clean your bonnet.

I'd suggest disocnnecting the linkage from the motor and then operating the motor so that it stops in it's proper park position. If the motor has been partially into it's cycle and the linkage has been connected that would explain why the wipers try to clean your bonnet.

link between motor & linkage should be at 9 o'clock position at rest.

also is the wiring same for mk1 wiper motor as mk2 ;)

Back