General Wiper linkage

Currently reading:
General Wiper linkage

tipo93

Hi all, I'm back again :) I have been searching for new wiper linkage for my Tipo 93 1.4ie. I've been searching for 2 days, been on 100's of websites. I think the fiat part number is 9945498 for RHD
Any help would be appreciated.

If you only need bushes for the pivots, have a look at these guys: https://wipex.co.uk/index.php

Whilst the Tipo is not listed, it is likely they have bushes that can be used. Might need to do a bit of careful measuring. I don't know, but they might be able to refurbish your old linkage, if you can live without it for a while?
Thank you for reply, it's actually the thread on the bolt that the wiper arms attach to is worn & I keep having to packed it out but that doesn't last very long. which is why i'm trying to just get a whole new linkage

Thank you for reply, it's actually the thread on the bolt that the wiper arms attach to is worn & I keep having to packed it out but that doesn't last very long. which is why i'm trying to just get a whole new linkage

It is unusual for the short thread on the top to wear or sustain damage. Do you mean the splines on the taper that grip the wiper arm? Again, those splines generally do not suffer much wear, as they are steel. The wiper arm is aluminium alloy, and much softer. When new, they do not have any splines inside. As they are fitted for the first time, the steel splines on the spindle cut grooves in the arm, so care is needed to place them accurately, as moving them less than a full spline afterwards is difficult.

Over time, being removed and replaced, it is common for the alloy arm to wear, providing no grip for the splines. It is also common for the nut to then be overtightened to compensate, which may be happening here. New arms may be a simple answer to the problem.

If the spindles do need replacing, whilst new parts specifically for the Tipo will be scarce, the key issue is length and diameter of the spindle. It is likely the diameter is a standard, as will be the taper and nut thread. From this is may be possible to source a part from another application. Not easy, so good luck with your quest.

Back