General wing removal mk2

Currently reading:
General wing removal mk2

hi all,

why can i not remove my wing?

i have unbolted the whole wing even under arch liner and have taken bumper off and headlight out but i can not seem to remove the wing:(

it pulls away from everywhere but not at the bottom where it goes under the door?? i have opened the door and unbolted and pulled so hard that the wing started the flex and it doesnt move at all from the bottom like its been glued on ther

anyone else have this problem??

right had a look, i havny got a new one just slight dents was goin to pop then back out

i found the bolt at the jacking point that was the one i missed

however now...my sills are bent and crimpled up against the chasis of the car because i keep hitting kerbs now its lowered

so i cant get a spanner or socket onto the the bolt head because its crushed upwards to the chasis

what shall i do now?? i have tryed takin liner out and pushing dents while winfg still on car it worked but i pushed too much lol and made a couple more dents cos not enough room lol

Yeah, that once caught me out last time! Can spot it though, just follow along! You fancy makng me some angel eyes for free Brin? :D

errrrrrm.....

NO! lol

no freebies lol

Last edited:
How's about a swap for a towbar? :p

Or an engine with knackered piston rings! S'all I got to offer :(
That and sexual favours but don't think the misses would be too happy (y)

How's about a swap for a towbar? :p

Or an engine with knackered piston rings! S'all I got to offer :(
That and sexual favours but don't think the misses would be too happy (y)

im sure the misses would love it;) haha

but on a serious note:eek: how to get the wing off...cant get the jacking point bolt off??

should i just cut it off?? and if i get a new one then cut the jacking point bracket off so it doesnt need to get bolted there??

Repair the car floor, fit new sill panels and a new wing. Dinged or rusty sills can be an MOT fail as they weaken the car structure.

yh thats what im thinkin just rip the wing off there then miss out that bolt with the new wing...the wing will still sit flush cos it is bolted under the door aswel

if mine was anything to go by it wont sit flush without that bolt

For the sake of 5 mins why struggle.

AND the screws corrode so well worth getting them out before they seize solid.

because mine had already corroded and i couldn't get all of them out just one or two which gave me enough space to get my hand in and undo the bolt

if i could of got the liners off i would haha

if mine was anything to go by it wont sit flush without that bolt

because mine had already corroded and i couldn't get all of them out just one or two which gave me enough space to get my hand in and undo the bolt

if i could of got the liners off i would haha

LOL i took arch liner off well just ragged it out with one yank lol then gently put it back on lol

and i think it will sit flush cos im putin skirts over anyway il sort of sandwich it to the car body lol i will persuade the wing on lol

Back