Wing mirror broken in France

Currently reading:
Wing mirror broken in France

motorhomejim

Hi I’m in France with my 2002 Autotrail 2.0 litre Ducato Tracker Moho, reg no. FG52 LPK, & had my passenger side wing mirror banged by an oncoming Moho overtaking a pushbike at the same time. He didn’t stop & so I’ll have to carry the cost of a replacement.
A handyman on the site I reached managed to make a just usable temporary botch-up to hopefully get me home on 10th July. I rather think a whole mirror assembly will be required as besides both top & bottom mirrors broken, the central shaft that attaches to the van is fractured too. Hoping because of its age it won’t be impossible to obtain either a new or used replacement.
Pics herewith of broken passenger side one showing temporary repair & drivers side one.
Just somewhere to try & locate one would be ideal.

Attachments

• 22659852-CE54-4FCB-A3D4-EE59964CB988.jpeg
    22659852-CE54-4FCB-A3D4-EE59964CB988.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 69
  • 6CC412C1-BA36-43B0-903D-4F766D9485F9.jpeg
    6CC412C1-BA36-43B0-903D-4F766D9485F9.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
Ah! The Joys!
At least no one is hurt!
So, try Fiat France:

Find a local dealer, and I'm pretty sure the part can be ordered.
Or, try ebay (France) may be quicker.

You don't mention where you are in France, but, any city is likely to have the same as you're used to... just... in French!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Reactions: ben
Hi I’m in France with my 2002 Autotrail 2.0 litre Ducato Tracker Moho, reg no. FG52 LPK, & had my passenger side wing mirror banged by an oncoming Moho overtaking a pushbike at the same time. He didn’t stop & so I’ll have to carry the cost of a replacement.
A handyman on the site I reached managed to make a just usable temporary botch-up to hopefully get me home on 10th July. I rather think a whole mirror assembly will be required as besides both top & bottom mirrors broken, the central shaft that attaches to the van is fractured too. Hoping because of its age it won’t be impossible to obtain either a new or used replacement.
Pics herewith of broken passenger side one showing temporary repair & drivers side one.
Just somewhere to try & locate one would be ideal.
Oh thank you so much UKRMedic, that’s given me hope. But the temporary repair is working fine so I’ll wait till I’m home in two weeks & order one then. I won’t mind the postage if it has to come from France! Thanks again!

You're welcome. These things can really knock us - especially when so far from home!
If you're keeping the temporary repair until back in the UK, your local Fiat dealer - even a motor factors are likely to be able to help!
Good Luck, and don't worry! It will all be ok! (You're in France. Wine, Cheese, Sunshine - everything is fine!)

You're welcome. These things can really knock us - especially when so far from home!
If you're keeping the temporary repair until back in the UK, your local Fiat dealer - even a motor factors are likely to be able to help!
Good Luck, and don't worry! It will all be ok! (You're in France. Wine, Cheese, Sunshine - everything is fine!)
Yes it did shock us a bit, but we’re fine now. Thanks again! 😊

Back