Windscreens - Chips and Cracks

Currently reading:
Windscreens - Chips and Cracks

NicoleH

Hi, I'm new to this site so I apologise if this has already been discussed! I have a Fiat 500 that's not 2 years old until September this year and it's already had 2 new windscreens because (silly me) I've allowed 2 chips to turn into cracks. Autoglass joke that I never need to clean the inside of my windscreen, I just get it replaced! Anyway, I have another chip and I got to thinking, is this something to do with they way I drive or do stones flirt up and hit my screen because of the short front of the car??? Any thoughts would be appreciated. :)

Hi, I'm new to this site so I apologise if this has already been discussed! I have a Fiat 500 that's not 2 years old until September this year and it's already had 2 new windscreens because (silly me) I've allowed 2 chips to turn into cracks. Autoglass joke that I never need to clean the inside of my windscreen, I just get it replaced! Anyway, I have another chip and I got to thinking, is this something to do with they way I drive or do stones flirt up and hit my screen because of the short front of the car??? Any thoughts would be appreciated. :)

Possibly suggest that you a sitting a bit to close to the back of other drivers? I know you maybe getting these on the motorway/A roads but possible observation.

Stone cannot hit the front of your screen off your front tyres really, if it can I cannot see how

Possibly suggest that you a sitting a bit to close to the back of other drivers?

:yeahthat: For a stone to chip the screen it has to be going some. Try to observe the 'two-second' rule - especially behind the very large stuff.
Sadly, at motorway speeds, it's even harder to avoid the stone chips so worth hanging back even further.

Back